Tesla stock price

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by R P, May 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Looks like you got your dead cat bounce on the open this morning.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Real long shot if you are betting on FSD to turn up the stock. I think Tesla needs to focus on the basics of building a better car, and get the new gen models out ASAP.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Spot check, $185.09, still not low enough. A local minimum, $180.78, still higher than I'd like to see. Half at $180 and half at a lower price later.

Bob Wilson

ps. I'm not going to chat up TSLA but encourage others to sell soon.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  5. Classic dead cat bounce behaviour right now. If it gets down to 180, then it will probably go a lot lower. To find a bottom, incl even a short term bottom, it needs to test a low and hold at least two times, preferably three. That would indicate a new a new support level, which is not a bad place to buy. But that is based on stock technicals, not fundamentals, so need to be cautious. But a short term support level could be good for a nice bounce following. Then you need to watch out for when resistance happens, and similar to support, could be a good place to sell. Of course this also depends if you are a fundamentals investor or a technicals trader.

6. bwilson4web

No problem although we have different ways to view TSLA stock.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Speaking of basics, why can't Tesla get this right? Auto rain and wiper speed sensing works perfectly in my Solterra and Ioniq 6. I occasionally drive my son's Tesla, and where I live it rains a lot in the winter. I am continually frustrated by the rigmarole I have to go through each time I want to adjust the wipers (which are supposed to be automatic).
    https://insideevs.com/features/706288/tesla-auto-wiper-problem-musk/
    And it shouldn't require the complex use of AI for something as simple as this. So how can we have any faith in Tesla's FSD? It hasn't met current expectations so why believe that it will magically improve and meet the requirements of level 3 and 4, which are a lot more difficult.

9. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

I Tesla vehicles are such a piece of junk, why does Tesla sell so many of them?

In addition, why do I even need automatic wipers? Will they prevent me from getting into an accident?

I now own a Nissan Leaf Plus. It has Propilot. I tried using it and what does it do? It tries to take an exit that I didn't want, so I had to jerk the car back to the highway. Has Nissan even bothered to fix this?

This is software you where praising how good it was. Well RP. I'm not feeling the love.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  10. It's not just me. I could post a lot more similar articles about all the Tesla deficiencies.

Tesla was selling well, because they were not only early, but unlike the other manufacturers, could actually keep up with demand. Now all that has changed, and Tesla is going to have to up their game, and quickly, to keep up to their competitors.

Don't get me wrong. I actually admire Musk for his boldness and innovative prowess, not only for bringing the electric car era to us, but for his many other achievements like space, etc. But with Tesla, he needs to get more involved and focused again to get it back on track. The most important thing is to get the next gen platform and models out to market. If that turns out well, I would expect the stock to soar again. But I don't believe FSD will be their saviour.

11. bwilson4web

There are reports since the previous release the end of December that the windshield function is improved. I’m too old school to even notice.

Bob Wilson

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bwilson4web

Like betting at a craps table, there are conflicting opinions about TSLA. So this is my speculation:
    upload_2024-1-28_1-32-38.png
    • Everyone who bought above $180 is at risk of locking in a loss
      • Raise my hand, $240, rounding up TSLA holdings
    • Those who read the quarterly results see:
      • Year-over-Year substantially higher performance
      • Capital expenditure (future growth fertilizer) nearly 2x
      • Austin and Berlin on rapidly ascending "S" curve
      • Freemont and Shanghai setting records
      • Inflation steady . . . customers can afford
    So I've got some budgeted spare capital and want to add shares:
    • Half of shares pending at $180.
    • After that, the other half in shares at $160.
    Like any bet at a craps table, the dice will fall without favor or impartiality. But the market has institutional investors who may be more "risk adverse" and need a week or the end of this month, to commit to taking a loss. If so, I'll get my first $180 tranche ... what I want.

The second will be more speculative for 60 days at $160. A low probability bet, the payoff will come after the Q1 2024 report.

So there is a method to my madness . . . buy low and sell high. Right now, I don't need the money so I'm content with my holdings.

NO ONE ELSE SHOULD FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE!

Bob Wilson

14. But here is what else they see, as quoted from a recent insideevs article and why the stock is dropping:

The BEV market in the United States is growing, but not without challenges. There is a chance that in 2024, for the very first time, we will see a 10% share of all-electric cars.

The report indicates that Tesla noted just an 8.6% year-over-year increase in November to 42,737, which was 47.7% of the total BEV segment (compared to 57.1% a year ago).

This means that the non-Tesla BEV sales increased by 59% year-over-year to 46,790. We find this number very interesting, as it shows that Tesla now expands much slower than the overall BEV industry.

15. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that actually makes a case for his mental stability.

16. bwilson4web

Rats! Missed $180. Adjusting up, $192.

Bob Wilson

17. Haha, are you becoming a trader?

18. bwilson4web

The competition are banks and mutual funds. This way my wins and losses are mine.

Bob Wilson

19. bwilson4web

I have not dug into the sources, especially the trial evidence. But my first thought would be two issues at the next stockholder's meeting:
    • Retroactive stockholder approval of earlier compensation plan.
    • Give performance compensation stock extra votes to bring Elon up to 25%.
    As for my planned rounding purchase, Jan 31, 2024:
    • $187.00 - open
    • $193.97 - high
    • $185.85 - low
    Vanguard changed their web interface, forcing us to use their poorly designed "App." Out of town, I could not jigger the 60 day, limit, for $180 to "market." By Friday, I should have it figured and done.

LATE THOUGHT: https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2024/jan/31/three-cheers-for-the-delaware-judge-who-stood-up-to-elon-musk

Read the 200-page judgment and . . .

And it’s true that shareholders approved the scheme by a 73% majority back in 2018.
    . . .
    The court order says the share options must be voided. Tesla may appeal or produce a new proposal . . .

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  20. Well, today looks like the dead cat bounce has played itself out, and the stock is resuming its downward trend.

21. bwilson4web

Not low enough to reach my $180 buy price.

Bob Wilson