“Find My Car” not working on HondaLink

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by turtleturtle, Sep 13, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

The app stopped updating location of the car back in July. It still refreshes fuel and SOC, but brings up an error “Could not locate your vehicle” when I try to find a location.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I’ve tried on another cell phone. GPS works on the Nav. Subscription status is active; tool is enabled.

Any more things I could try?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Make sure the app has been granted location permission on your phone.

Sometimes even if the car is parked, the app initially tells me it can't find it, but I can tap the Update Location button again and it pulls it in.

Android: I'm still on v4.7.21 and I see that 4.8.0 is available.

4. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

Just do the "full" system reset by removing the battery cable for 30 seconds or so, and that should fix this sort of problem. Also the dash lights up with lots of warnings on the next drive, but they all clear up by the time you drive around the block.

5. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Should have stated iOS for phone.

I’ve tried to click refresh. Same result.

I feel like something must have shorted out on the car or something. Not worth paying to fix.

I’m wondering if a 12v battery disconnect might do something, but I don’t have a lot of hope it will restore that feature. Car hasn’t thrown any error codes.

6. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

So I've had lots of problems with HondaLink over time. When I first got the car I thought it would be "fun" to add the wifi network at home under the wifi settings and it let me add more than one, so I added a MiFi to it too. Lots of problems. Dunno why. I went into the menus and removed ALL wifi networks. Just delete them in the menu, no fancy resets needed. Try again with none present.

Now if you never added wifi networks to your car (or even knew you could) this will not help you. And frankly I don't know if it will solve your problem if you did add one or more, but its something to try. In my case, something about adding wifi networks to the car broke some hondalink functions. Getting rid of them gives me the best hondalink experience-- which even this being said, is not perfect.

7. To remove this ad click here.