Have you ordered a Volvo EX30?

Discussion in 'EX30' started by Domenick, Jun 12, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. We're still a ways from next summer's first deliveries (in North America, Europeans should start getting cars sooner.) and thought we'd make a thread for people who have put in a reservation for a Volvo EX30.

This thing is going to be hot hot HOT! Who's in and what sold you on this car?

Volvo-EX30-res.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. hawwingo

hawwingo New Member

I reserved first day while in the middle of a cruise. I drive a 2017 Bolt, which I love, but the Volvo has always been an aspirational car for me. This one is right sized and affordable. i just wish it had a driver display. Not sure I can get used to that.

insightman, SameGuy and electriceddy like this.
  4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I am in, as are my sister and her husband, but pre-orders have not opened yet for Canada. What sold me is that it is right sized for my needs. Right now, my wife drives a 2018 Subaru cross track, while I drive a 2023 mini Cooper SE. She freely admits that the Subaru is too big for her needs, but at the same time it’s a fantastic car, and will command a pretty high resale or trade-in value in 2025 or so when the EX30 comes here. I already drive a premium sub-subcompact EV, adding a premium subcompact crossover EV seems like a logical next step. The Volvo looks like it will be right up our alley.

5. I have ordered one. I waited about two weeks after orders were opened up, so I don't know how that will affect my delivery timeline. I am hoping it will serve as a drop-in replacement for my Hyundai Kona Electric; it's pretty much the same size, price and range, but with better tech and luxury than my Kona, so on paper it's a no-brainer trade-up.

arhnold and electriceddy like this.
  6. Still waiting on more included specifications to make that judgment. The AWD would be nice, the surround cameras and faster DC charge speed would also be a bonus. My hope a heat pump is also available in NA.
    We don't have the benefit of pre-order yet here (Canada) but I am on a wait list for reservation:rolleyes:
    My first mod will be to nuke that sparkly dash

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JoJoCA

JoJoCA New Member

I put a reserve down payment down on the first day available here in the US. Was considering ID Buzz for a while, but there is a lot intriguing about the EX30 that I couldn't ignore. Pricing, Safety and reliability history of Volvo brand, and I like the looks of this vehicle. So, anticipating another wait for US ordering. For my needs, I will likely order the Plus single motor model, but I am liking the look of the panoramic roof, which I think will be available only at the highest end for single motor.... so may have to go up for the panorama....

Domenick likes this.
  9. Wow! The ID. Buzz and the EX30 are such different vehicles in may respects, but I do see how each has its own strong personality.
    I think the single, rear motor EX30 is the move, but agree it needs to have the glass roof option.

10. Why does it "need" a glass roof? Our two EVs have them, but most times we keep the shade closed so it doesn't heat up the interior in the summer.

In Canada, Hyundai now sells the Ioniq 5 Luxury model, which is the same as the top trim Ultimate minus the glass roof. Many customers prefer that.

11. I mention glass roof because JoJoCA said they liked it. Personally, I like the glass roof, but I understand why people would prefer not to have them as well.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. A glass roof is fine for those that want one. But hopefully they also offer a trim with everything but the glass roof, like Hyundai now does with the I5. The EX30 is supposed to be "cheap". A glass roof does not support that.

Domenick likes this.
  14. arhnold

arhnold New Member

I've been tempted by the EX30 since I saw it announced. Around the same size as my Kona EV? Lots of tech upgrades? Bit more upscale (and maybe a bit quieter at highway speed?) I resisted for about a month, until the most recent round of walkaround/exploring the car videos. Fully Charged's latest video pushed me over the edge to putting the $500 and seeing how it all plays out.

Domenick and electriceddy like this.
  15. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

arhnold likes this.
  16. insightman

Volvo is sending invitations to EX30 customers who have placed deposits to see the car in at the Electrify Expo New York, Nassau Coliseum 1255 Hempstead Tpke, Uniondale, NY 11553, August 12-13, 2023, 10am-5pm. I don't know how long this link to the announcement will be good, so I'm showing the announcement page (the click here link on this page takes you to the event page):

[​IMG]

17. insightman

Here's an EX30 brochure from Belgium with bits of English here and there.

The EX30's dimensions from the brochure (with 6.5 inches of ground-clearance, you'll probably be staying on the road):
    upload_2023-9-14_14-37-6.png

Domenick and arhnold like this.