Hi again! Dealer says there are recalls, but I don't see them...

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by David12231990, Jul 11, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David12231990

David12231990 New Member

Hi again

My saga continues, I was able to get on my calendar at my local Hyundai dealer for August 2 which is not ideal as I need to drive. When I set my profile up with them, I was told there are two recalls outstanding. One was related to the engine ( I want to say something about fluid of some sort- I should call back) and the other was for a software update.

However when I enter the VIN on Hyundai recall page, nothing shows up?

Any thoughts on that?

And further, do you think the car is safe to drive? The confidence I do have is that it's a 2 year old car and it has a 10 year power train warranty, so i imagine one way or the other it'll ultimately get resolved, but so different already than the Toyota never an issue ever experience I'm used to.

But again, I really do like the car and it's really fun to drive. Nothing about the performance seems off.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. These are most likely service campaigns rather than recalls. People, including your dealer, use that term too loosely. It's work that is required for safe, long term vehicle health but falls short of a true recall.

4. Those two campaigns are minor and are for your benefit. You have a date for service and your only obligation is to bring the car in. You don’t need to concern yourself with the details. If the noise issue gets worse and becomes uncomfortable you should call them and tell them that. In any case they should offer you a loaner car for the duration of the repairs, which could take some time. When complete you’ll have what feels like a brand new car.
    There have been hundreds of cases like yours over the years and this one is much the same so you’ll just have to be patient.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  5. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

I was just scheduled by the dealer to come in for "Campaign T9E coolant system debris flush and fill". They said it would take 2 hours.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

See my comments in thread 15549. We can't look up these "campaigns" that aren't NHTSA-zombie-apocalypse
    level at hyundaiusa.com. My open ticket includes for their web people to please fix that.

_H*