CMBS problem, ACC problem, RDM problem, LKA problem

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by AREED, May 15, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. AREED

AREED New Member

Hi , These errors all popped up "CMBS problem, ACC problem, RDM problem, LKA problem"
    all tied to the Honda sense system i suppose. Being my car is a 2018 i figured the original 12v battery was on its way out.. despite being 12.7v it did fail a load test. So i bought a new AGM battery but no avail warnings persist..

Anyone have experience with these problems/errors? Figure i would ask in here before going to the dealer..

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Many have reported the errors go away after driving for a period of time with a new battery.

4. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Yes... If the battery fails, or is disconnected while replacing it, these errors will appear.
    They only clear after driving for a few miles. You did not mention whether you have driven at all after installing the new battery.

5. AREED

AREED New Member

Yes sorry, I have been driving the car (my wife actually) for a week after installing new battery. Must be something besides the battery.

6. It is interesting that these warnings appeared prior to an actual battery failure. To be clear, I would define a battery failure in the Clarity as failing to power up the vehicle. It is also interesting that only those 4 warnings appeared.

While I can’t recall with 100% certainty, the list of warnings that appear after experiencing a failed battery, hard reset or battery replacement, it seems that the list of warnings may be more extensive than the 4 you have reported. Unfortunately, the description of the warnings from the easily terrified members on this forum is usually: “a bunch of scary warnings”.

If the issue resolves after operating the vehicle for a period of time, then it was likely a battery issue. Remarkably, of all the warnings and alerts this vehicle is capable of dispensing, a “low 12V battery, please replace soon” is not one of them. If the issue persists, there is likely a problem with those sensors.

I would add, somewhat jokingly, that those features are problematic by design. It is therefore possible that Honda has updated their software to remind owners of those inherent tendencies.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. AREED

AREED New Member

Update on post.

the camera on the windshield failed $1600 to fix at dealer.

9. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Ugh,
    Just for reference, this part sells for around $700. I see there is currently a used one on eBay for $275.
    Of course, this is probably not a DIY project because there is some sort of alignment procedure.

10. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

11. AREED

AREED New Member

Good to know, probably just need to drop the headliner to get to the plugs on the camera and reaffix the new camera on on the glass? sounds simple but always easier said than done.. When i dropped the car off at the dealer for assessment i had not known what the issue was. Perhaps when it fails again in 5 years ill do it myself. Thanks for the info MrFixit!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. AREED

AREED New Member

Yes , confirmed. The dealer mentioned sometimes glass cleaner or similar, when sprayed on the inside windshield works its way into the camera enclosure and corrodes the circuitry. Something to keep in mind for all newer Honda owners. Not sure this is what happened to mine but i think as someone mentioned up higher in this thread; honda has a problem with this system "honda sense" and its longevity.

I did have my hybrid battery capacity check while at the dealer, 50.5AH @ 79k miles,2018, which is pretty good (55ah) when new. "supposedly"

*If it wasn't for the cruise control not working it would probably not fixed this issue. The car still drove and stopped fine. This error does not come up as a check engine light nor would it have any impact on emission's (smog check).

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023