ICEd charging spots

Discussion in 'General' started by TRSmith, Aug 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. This scenario has unfortunately now occurred at a Tesla Supercharger location in Denver
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully some data can be recovered from other Teslas to help establish facts leading to the incident.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

I’ve been predicting this in various forum posts and YouTube comments for nearly 2 years regarding charger etiquette and that someone was going to get killed. But was scoffed at. So this is my “I told you so” moment…

4. A tragedy. And not the kind of attitude I have seen from our EV community in general.

5. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

Perhaps this may encourage less ambiguous signage.
    It not going to stop angry people shooting unarmed people.

6. pictsidhe

I took my Mini to an autocross meeting a while back.
    There was a single 14-50 on site. I needed an hour's charge to comfortably run at full power. There was a Tesla already plugged in. But his charger wasn't blinking, so not charging. I unplugged him and plugged mine in, left a note. He was fine about it when we eventually bumped into each other.
    I now take post-it notes so I can let people know how much charge I really need. I also like to fully charge at that site before going home, but enough to hit the nearest charger is absolutely fine if someone else has a dire need for electrons.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. papab

papab Member

Re the colorado shooting, From what I've read, they were both armed. The shooter didn't call 911 right way, but left the scene. Police contacted him, but released him. They must have reasons to believe it was self defense (or a friend of the cops), or I would think they'd arrest him.

9. pictsidhe

If you claim you feared for your life, it is self defence. Unless police can convincingly prove otherwise. Doesn't matter who started a confrontation, or why.
    Look at all the people getting shot for driving up the wrong driveway.

bwilson4web likes this.
  10. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

It doesn't bode well for opening Tesla Superchargers to those who hog two or more charging spots. ICEing J1772 spots is not a good idea either.

Bob Wilson

11. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Agreed. Idiots will be idiots, even with clear signage. I’ve seen a lot of aggression just between BEV and PHEV drivers. The answer is we need a buttload more chargers. It’s not like there’s a competition for gas pumps. Occupied? Go across the street.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. pictsidhe

In this neck of the woods, the majority of cars at gas pumps aren't there to pump gas.