Dom's finally getting a new EV!

Discussion in 'General' started by Adam J, Feb 10, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Adam J

Adam J New Member

Hey Inside EVs family,
    As an avid listener of the podcast, I was so excited hearing today about Dom finally getting a new (used) EV that I made a GoFundMe to try to help him offset the cost. 100% goes to him. Thought it'd be a nice gesture given all the drama he's gone through and how hard he works keeping that group on track every week and bringing us a great show .

https://gofund.me/07268548

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Larry Rich

Larry Rich New Member

Did Dom get the Tesla that he was looking at. Was hoping for a video on the process he went through. Thanks

4. Adam J

Adam J New Member

Yup! He replied to my other post about the GoFundMe with an update that he was on the road heading home. Hoping he tells the whole story at tomorrow's podcast. I also tried to get Kyle, Martin and Tom to post about the GoFundMe I made for Dom but they won't respond ☹️. They probably think I'm some grifter haha, but I talked to Dom and he knows I'm legit. Maybe if he brings it up on the podcast it can get some traction. I just don't have the social media following to get eyeballs on it.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Although I contributed to your GoFundMe for Domenick's Tesla, it puts him in an awkward position. It's only because he opened a small window on his personal life that this GoFundMe happened. Now I fear what happens in Tallahassee will stay in Tallahassee.

I rationalized my contribution as a nod towards Domenick's excellent stewardship of these forums rather than helping him buy a car. I condone your good intentions, but asking Domenick's colleagues to promote payments to him makes things even more awkward.

6. Adam J

Adam J New Member

Oh well no good deed as they say. I'll send him whatever people contributed and he can buy himself a nice dinner

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

My SuperCharger sessions are running about $10 so buy him a free charge. <GRINS>

Bob Wilson

turtleturtle and insightman like this.
  9. Adam J

Adam J New Member

Haha perfect!

10. Hey all. I just published the first video from going to get the car
    Hey, @Larry Rich, I finally got the first part of my Tesla buying video uploaded on my new channel. Actually hoping to start uploading videos regularly with it and other EVs.

Fastnf likes this.
  11. Adam J

Adam J New Member

Love it! Keep em coming. Your experience is what most people experience, so it's great to see. Not many of us can relate to Kyle just out there buying every car that catches his eye LOL

Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Thanks! I should have another, maybe tomorrow.

14. Enjoyed the video, looking forward to more. Keep your Ranger until your ready for an electric pickup. Its always nice to have a truck. I finally got rid of my f250 4x4 now that I have a lighting pro. I'll bet there is an electric pick up in your future at some point.

Domenick likes this.
  15. RsGunther

RsGunther New Member

Looking forward to seeing your next video. Amazing job on your first video. Unreal seriously great for a first time video. Really great even for someone who’s been doing it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

16. Wow, thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately the next part - the drive home - doesn't have all the clips it should have. But I guess it's all part of the learning process.

17. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

If 20-20 hindsight has informed you about clips you missed taking, I'm sure you can simply describe the missing clips with interesting narration. I would even be interested to learn in your narration what clips you wished you had grabbed. It's tough to get everything you want done when you're all by yourself.

Domenick likes this.
  18. Olimpia

Olimpia Member

I was hoping Dom would get a Bolt or other non-Tesla EV since Teslas are so boring in terms of content provision (not saying they are bad cars but they are so common compared to any other EVs out there).

Domenick and R P like this.
  19. I hear you. Though, with its slow charging, the Bolt EV would be more difficult to make long drive videos. But hey, if my new YouTube channel takes off, I'd be more than happy to get a different car. :) I'm certainly not married to the Tesla brand.

20. Did you say what you paid for this Tesla?

21. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I would never wish a lower performance, buggy EV on anyone I admire and like. Dom bought wisely and got a great deal that included 'free' FSD.

Fortunately, Kyle and Tom have taken up the 'interesting' EV challenge. Kyle wisely kept their Tesla. I suspect Tom did too.

Bob Wilson

22. I paid $31,900 before taxes etc. Ok, well, the bank paid, but I'm paying them.

Fastnf likes this.
  23. Tom sold his Model 3, I believe, and now has the Rivian R1T and the F-150 Lightning. His plan is to sell one of these, but I forget what he was going to replace it with. He does have a Cybertruck reservation, but he may replace one of his trucks with something else before that gets delivered.

bwilson4web likes this.