Latest MAP & NAV update has serious Bug (Nov 2021 release)

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Nov 17, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. greinstein

greinstein New Member

Pardon my ignorance, but how can I get to "You need to go into developer settings in the Android Auto app on your phone,"?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rpark

rpark Member

Same message on my 2022 since day one. I just lock the doors all the time to prevent the messages.

4. On Android Auto's options page, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a field called Version. Tap this several times until you see a prompt to enable developer options. Accept this and you'll now be able to access Android Auto developer mode.

5. I'm so relieved with the fixes to nav and radio! I had to install them separately in my 2019 ultimate but it solved all of my issues. Location based charging? It's back. Home screen map now stays in 3D view where it was previously switching to top down any time I went to and from any screen other than the map. Nixie tubes gone and now Sirius XM stations display album art. Radio presets can be custom reordered. Bonus is that notifications for incoming text messages on my phone are back! I had lost those in another update over a year ago.
    It's funny but it makes me so much happier doing my daily commute to have the system work well. I was so soured on my car that I kept looking at replacing it despite it really being the perfect car for my needs. Of course, all of the broken elements could have and should have been avoided by Hyundai. I promise never to update again - especially since I'm going outside of 3 years of free updates soon.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Inside EVs mobile app

Toolworker and electriceddy like this.
  6. Partial nav system success. The map database now incorporates one of the two missing off/on ramps I reported, but not the other.

So I've started a contest to post bad nav system routings.
    Did anyone get this to work on a Kona EV? It didn't work on my 2021 Ultimate. I tried all the screen resolution options in the Android app, and tried stopping the app and restarting after making the change.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

It won't be solar flares - that's completely superflous. My Nov 21 update does not exhibit this problem but it does not follow the menu options shown online in the 'manual'. Mine is virtually unusable at night - unless you like dark green on black roads. Hyundai acknowledge this bug and were supposedly fixing it in the non-existent April update .....

Lawrence