Honda Clarity repair

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by kgbaby, Nov 17, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. kgbaby

kgbaby New Member

Hey everybody

Silly me hit the front right side of my beloved clarity when I was parking into my apartment parking structure. I apologize for the bad pictures they were taken off of a recording but I was wondering what parts/where would the best place be to order the parts I have to order to fix this or if it needs to be taken into a shop?

Also side note: any recommendations for a budget body shop in the inland empire?

1F8710A0-2FE5-4118-BA5B-D4AE8DDB5B83.jpeg D395189E-4594-4E7E-90A8-C2824E3D5A29.jpeg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

There are few aftermarket parts for the Clarity, but in your case, it looks like you need body parts which are usually only provided by the manufacturer anyway. There are lots of online choices to buy these parts... Just search for something like 'honda clarity parts'. Your photos are a little tough to see the specific damage, but here is one example of where you might find the part needed:

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2018-honda-clarity_plug_in_hybrid--4dr_plugin_clarity_phev-ka_cvt/interior_bumper/front_bumper.html

Sometimes you can't get a specific part without buying a larger assembly which includes the part you need. If that happens, then you may pay a lot more to get what you need. For the most part, since these are all made by Honda, the pricing will be the same or very similar wherever you find it.

Also, don't forget the used parts market. Auto recyclers regularly list Clarity parts on eBay. It is possible you could get lucky there.

JFon101231 likes this.
  4. kgbaby

kgbaby New Member

Thanks for the thorough response! Here’s a couple more pictures of the damage, I’m not sure what parts I need from the site listed above or if I need the whole assembly. https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~0~04712-trv-a90zf.html Would this be sufficient to get it fixed? Thankfully the front daylight is still functioning.

Attached Files:

5. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

I beleive that piece is certainly one element...

It also looks like there is some scuffing of your Front Bumper Cover too:
    https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~face~fr~bpr~dot~04711-trt-a90zz.html

This piece is more expensive... It seems like they only show one of these (not multiple ones with different colors) so it may be that the bumper cover would need to be painted to match? That would certainly increase the cost. It doesn't look like it is horrible, so maybe you could live with it, or touch it up in some way.

Your photo with the red arrow shows where the "right front face" has disconnected from the fender. It looks like the fender may be undamagad... These two parts just snap together so perhaps you are OK there.

I have some experience with removing the rear bumper cover. All these pieces are plastic, and they snap together. Once you know exactly what to do, it is easy. If you don't know exactly how they snap, it is possibe to damage something while trying to 'learn' the tricks.

JustAnotherPoorDriver likes this.