Bimmer Code Mini SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moff1959, Oct 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I have started using the Bimmer code app to change a few things on my Mini SE, I was concerned it would use a different OS for the electric version but it works just fine.

Teddydogno1 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

insightman and moff1959 like this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

What does that code do, flash the letters M I N I in Morse code from the tail lights? I really have no idea what rear fog lights do--are they somehow aimed very low like front fog lights? Can the headlights be reprogrammed to do all the tricks they do in Britain and Europe?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Yes, they provide light so the vehicle can be seen through fog, but do not project very far. The rear fog lights on the SE are the red lights on either side of the rear bumper area, down low. They are fully functional but for the US market there's no switch to activate them, due to US regulations prohibiting dual rear fog lights.

CsD and insightman like this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. teddybare

teddybare Member

I've done a few things with bimmercode pedestrian on/off toggle, default to sport mode and a few lighting options... just one more thing please bimmercode can you do the start button sound delete, it does my head in o_O

polyphonic likes this.
  8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Can anyone tell me why my SE makes the shut-down sound ONLY SOMETIMES when I open the door to get in?

9. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Ohh that's a good idea. The startup sound is cool, but oddly lo-fi. I would like to shut off most of the beeps and boops at this point.

10. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

It's likely a software issue. Since there isn't really much difference between "running" and "off", there is probably a routine that plays this sound when certain conditions are met (e.g. if you open the door and get out while "running"). It's possible a state machine somewhere gets confused and thinks the correct sequence of events have occurred to play the sound.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Our 2nd gen Olds Aurora had two rear fogs

13. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

That apparently was one of the few that had them as standard equipment. According to this NHTSA interpretation, they seem to be regulated on a per-state basis.

14. Along with the rear fog lights switched and enabled, I like having the puddle light and door handle lights come on when reverse is selected its a cool feature.

I also set my passenger door mirror tilt angle to 40% I like to see what's behind me instead of looking at the floor when using that mirror in reverse.

Having the mirrors fold with just one press of the key fob remote a small mod but worth doing.

15. teddybare

teddybare Member

mirror fold was my favourite mod when i had my 1 series, tried it on the se and then realised i didn't have electric mirrors :rolleyes:

16. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I had an OBD11 for my Golf R and just ordered an OBD adapter for Bimmercode to turn off the alarms and sounds. I saw a post that mentioned putting the car in the diagnostic mode by activating the start/stop three time rapidly. Does this apply to the SE?

17. omomomo

omomomo New Member

I don't think you need to do that for bimmercode to work.. That being said, I have not tried changing any alarms yet. I do know that if you want to change the warning sounds you do not need to enter diagnostic mode.
    I did the pedestrian acoustic warning enable/disable checkbox, and it turns off the sound for both D and R.. which is new to me.

SameGuy likes this.
  18. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

Yes, that acoustic warning is on the top of my list as well. I just got my OBD adapter so I'll give it a try.

19. omomomo

omomomo New Member

I didn’t do the i3 method (which makes it permanent). But when I toggle it off, the sound is also off in reverse, which is different from what others have reported earlier (off in drive, on in reverse).

20. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I was able to add the pedestrian sound option in the head unit but still working on the Active Sound Design startup sound. Guess I’ll have to try fooling the App and say it’s an I3. Wonder what that will do to the automatic backup?

21. omomomo

omomomo New Member

I don't think that does anything to the pedestrian warning. Active Sound Design on an ICE Mini plays "fake" engine sounds into the cabin. You can make the regular Cooper sound like a JCW.

SameGuy likes this.
  22. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I think it’s the Star Trek startup sound etc. in the SE/I3.