Permanent recupuration at level 3

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Jorgegustavo, Aug 28, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jorgegustavo

Jorgegustavo New Member

Hello, everyone,
    , I have only read along here, now that have my first problem at almost 5000 km. Recuperation is stuck at level 3, more like full "recuperation braking power", the car has now been in the workshop for 1 week (update and a control unit replaced) and since today the problem has been towed again and again. The strange thing is that everything works normally with cruise control. Have any of you already had such a problem? Sorry for the bad English I am from Germany

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. PRGDénia

PRGDénia Member

I think the default regen level can be defined within the vehicle settings? Have you confirmed it hasn't accidently been set to 3? I know it's a daft question but just to rule it out maybe? Have you also tried turning on the auto-recuperation setting? Just to see how the car reacts? It should vary the regen level when vehicles in front slow for junctions etc. If that works ok it might help to narrow down where the fault is located? Hope this helps.

4. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Perhaps the paddle switch or "clock spring" cable is borked?

What do you have set as the default level(s)?

_H*

5. Jorgegustavo

Jorgegustavo New Member

It's not possible to change the level. Normaly I drive with level 2 automatic.Even change to Manuel Mode does not bring a solution. Hyundai have changed the complete Steering wheel. In Germany Am I the third with this problem It has always been the steering wheel or cable . I would be interested to know if anyone has the same problem.