Delivery Stories

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by insightman, Feb 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

"Buick"

Texas22Step, GvilleGuy and Newkirk like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

My 7 yr old Santa Fe with the giant sized moonroofs has not had any leaks yet. I think it's down to the manufacturer quality.

4. Cindy B

Cindy B Member

I'm sure the (low) quality of a GM product didn't help, but it was a very common problem in older cars with sunroofs when I lived in Kansas City, MO regardless of brand. Keep in mind the truly terrible climate in KCMO is a torture test on cars - very hot, very cold, rain, snow, sleet, hail, high winds, and lots of ice. Once the water finds a way through the seal around the sunroof once, it will leak in every hard rain from then on.
    On a completely different and happier topic, Scottsdale Mini just called and our Mini SE just showed up at the dealer a week early! We should be able to pick it up on Saturday :) We are beyond excited. This will be our first Mini and first EV. I'll try to post some pictures next week as I think the all red exterior option we chose is uncommon.

wessy, NewGreen, KD4KCD and 3 others like this.
  5. Cindy B

Cindy B Member

Our SE arrived early! We picked it up from Scottsdale Mini yesterday. Our first Mini and first EV. We're glad we got the all red exterior - striking and oozes sports car. I feel like we bought a super computer on wheels, it's so technology laden. DSC03970.JPG

6. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Looks great! Enjoy your ride!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

That's how I felt when I got mine, too. EVs seem to be half car, half computer.

9. KD4KCD

KD4KCD Member

Ooooh....I am jealous! Enjoy :)

10. hanyoung99

hanyoung99 New Member

Cindy beautiful car! Congratulations and glad I could help you get it sooner!

11. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

I received a call from the dealer today with good news, my car was in…. wait… I already picked one up back in May…. Did I order two? Did the Spouse order another? Two Minis, twice as much fun... :)

Mid May we were thinking about special ordering, but then found that a near exact match was currently on the boat and available. Apparently the dealer just did some kind of paperwork swap. The replacement salesman says he wasn’t aware of the history.

Anyway 14 May to 5 August (12 weeks) would have been the factory order to Boston timeline if I had factory ordered. Thats a long wait. Dunno if the recent one is missing standard equipment. Mine had everything it should have.

A non-delivery story I guess... :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    wessy, KD4KCD, MichaelC and 3 others like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. KD4KCD

KD4KCD Member

August 26, 2021 - Assembly in Progress!!!
    It was in the paint booth for 5 weeks. That paint job better look good :)

wessy, NewGreen, joshf2k and 3 others like this.
  14. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

This is great news. Mine has been in the Body shop for the same amount of time. No movement on mine yet however.

I don't see your information in the tracker. Did you not list it? When was your "Production Begins Date". When did you get your Build Number? Thanks.

Edit:
    Lastly what is Ask-MINI telling your Expected Completion date is? They are telling me Sept 1.

Update: I think I "Found" you by your real name and not your alias. Disregard all the questions except the Expected Completion date . LOL.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  15. KD4KCD

KD4KCD Member

Yeah, its under Mike at the Nashville dealership. Oh yeah, completion date is Aug 31. Yours is one day behind mine.

16. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

This is the best piece of news today! Thank you! Very happy to see your car moving. Dang, you've been waiting a longgggggg time.

17. KD4KCD

KD4KCD Member

Car is built! Awaiting Carrier Assignment.

wessy, MichaelC, Lainey and 3 others like this.
  18. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Me too! Same status.

NewGreen, MichaelC, KD4KCD and 3 others like this.
  19. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Me Three

wessy and KD4KCD like this.
  20. NextEv

NextEv Member

When was 2022 SE available to order this year? I'm trying to see when the approximate available order date for the 2023 models would be next year. Thanks.

21. quietlyspinach

quietlyspinach Active Member

I ordered put my deposit down in January and my "turn" to place my order happened in February. But back then I was placing an order for a 2021 model; my order converted into a 2022 model just prior to production.

NewGreen and NextEv like this.
  22. NextEv

NextEv Member

Did you order through the Mini website or through a dealer? Also, when did you take the delivery of your car. Thank you.

KD4KCD likes this.
  23. KD4KCD

KD4KCD Member

I ordered at the dealership. Also, "Oliver" should be at my house around September 25.