Clarity can handle corners!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by David in TN, May 16, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

The AP200 has parameters for both Lateral, and Longitudinal acceleration. They appear in the ABS/VSA Live Data. These are likely used by the vehicle for electronic vehicle stability calculations. I have not looked at them, and have no idea as to what their resolution / accuracy is. It would be possible to read these values with the ELM interface, but it would take some effort to sleuth them out.

In addition, most phones have accelerometers of some sort. There is a "Vehicle Acceleration" value that shows up in CarScanner which I believe to be derived from a sensor(s) in the phone. This is just a magnitude however, so it doesn't break down as x, y, z. There are likely x, y, and z sensors from which this single number is derived, but they don't currently show in CarScanner.

Some of the scanners (Torque Pro, and maybe CarScanner) can provide you with a 0-60 time. I think they use an acceleration measurement for this, and may not even require a connection to the vehicle because of it.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. PHEVDave

PHEVDave Active Member

You’d probably be more likely to measure that with a smartphone I’d think.