How many switched EVs?

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Jun 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

How many switched EVs?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2021.
  1. No EV, yet

27.3%
  2. Same EV make and model

63.6%
  3. Switched EV to ICE/PHEV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Former Tesla owner, different EV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Former non-Tesla EV, now Tesla

9.1%
  1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Feel free to add details to your answer.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

I’m still driving 2019 Std Rng Plus Model 3. Traded in 2017 Toyota Prius Prime. Also have 2014 BMW i3 REx which wife drives.

Bob Wilson

4. I switched from a Smart ForTwo EV to a Hyundai Kona Electric.

5. You missed a category - non-Tesla EV to non-Tesla EV. I recently switched from a Leaf to a Tesla Y, but I was considering switching to a Mach e and wouldn't have had a category to vote in.

Clamps likes this.
  6. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

I have to wait until June 2023 for my current ICE lease to come due. It will also give me time to save $ for down payment.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  9. Currently driving 2019 Hyundai Kona. Also have a reservation in for a 2022 Ford F 150 Lightning.

10. bwilson4web

I had briefly thought about this but figured adding comments like yours would provide details needed. I appreciate your posting.

Bob Wilson

11. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

On our 3rd EV make and model - none of them Tesla.

bwilson4web likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I switched from a Kona to an ID.4.

bwilson4web likes this.
  14. DJP

DJP Active Member

2015 Leaf S, 6 months layer 2015 Leaf SV (due to family member's accident --thank you vehicle replacement insurance). Wife bought 2016 Leaf SV (lives and works on the opposite coast). Waited for the release of 2018 Leaf SV to replace 2015 Leaf SV for additional range -had hoped that battery would be 60kWh with thermal management, but settled for 40kWh. Basically very happy with car apart from limited range and battery heating from multiple fast charging on road trips). Have been hanging out for Ariya but my loyalty to Nissan is slipping away as launch is delayed and there are now so many other EV's to chose from (Kyle and Tom were right in Episode #39 of the Inside EVS podcast --the Ariya should have been out by now).

bwilson4web and turtleturtle like this.
  15. bwilson4web

Not even tempted as our 2019 Std Rng Plus Model 3 fully meets our requirements with reliable, fast DC charging.

Recent reports from Fast Lane Cars and Inside EV reviewers continue to show USA fast DC charging to be unreliable often having to try different chargers before one works. We experienced this with our 2014 BMW i3-REx. In contrast, Superchargers are reliable and seamless with our Tesla. Then there is the relatively inefficient kWh per 100 miles of CCS-1 EVs which forces more frequent fast DC charging on trips.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    electriceddy likes this.