Honda e

Discussion in 'Honda e' started by Ray B, Jan 23, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Ok, maybe Stewie on Family guy?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

The frontal lobes of my brain suggest "Curious George", but my hindbrain refuses to agree that's what it reminds me of. The subconscious is a strange and wonderful thing, but often quite frustrating!

[​IMG]

insightman likes this.
  4. Pushmi-Pullyu

Now that's downright creepy.

5. Pushmi-Pullyu

Maybe it's "Chim Chim" from "Speed Racer". That's a show I actually did watch as a kid, unlike "Curious George".

[​IMG]

6. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

Marvin the Martian?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

I hope this doesn't come across as unfriendly or rude, but was that a joke? I can't see any similarity between Marvin and the "face" of the Honda e.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  9. I'm sure once the see the error of their ways, they will ship you one for free. Seriously, that sucks and I can;t fathom the lack of foresight regarding electric cars. It's got 50% more range than the Clarity electric.

P.S. how can a car half the size and with half the engines of the Clarity cost nearly as much?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  10. And, quite possibly, it is half as comfortable. So one could potentially be 3-4 times more miserable once reaching their destination.

CyberDyneSystems likes this.
  11. ab13

ab13 Active Member

It definitely has a short wheel base, but at least it has independent suspension. Super short turning radius, which is great for maneuvering.

Perhaps they will consider the possibility of leasing in the US, that might be acceptable if they don't want to sell it in the US.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. My 1981 Honda Civic.

Attached Files:

Domenick likes this.
  14. Pushmi-Pullyu

I don't have a photo of my intensely yellow 1977 Honda Civic CVCC hatchback, but here is what they looked like:

[​IMG]

Domenick and Lagunatic like this.
  15. I had a 1983 in Red,. it was a great used car I picked up for $850 in 1992. I had it for a few years, then someone gave me a SAAB 900. So I sold it to a friend of mine for $500.00 who then drove that Civic to California (from RI) and drive it there for another dozen years!

Lagunatic likes this.
  16. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Honda was willing to sell an average of 2K gen-1 Insights/year for 7 years, but that's evidently not in the cards for the Honda e. Honda's US dealers (and sales staff) didn't respond well to Honda's Clarity PHEV. They much prefer to move Pilots and Passports rather than tiny electric cars that rarely return to enrich their service departments.

Leasing wouldn't make the car any more attractive to US dealers. Perhaps if the MINI Cooper SE proves to be a popular car in the US and Canada, Honda will reconsider their decision to deny the Honda e to North America.

I wonder if Honda will let the Honda e design team create any more good-looking cars or did the reigning designers get them fired for not sticking to the beautiful lines of the Civic, Accord, and Clarity?

17. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

Not sure it's positive or negative news in for the Honda e, but they have discontinued the Clarity BEV. Their official position is something like "we remain dedicated to the electrification of our fleet, but have decided to include hybrids in that category and focus our efforts in that area."

18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The Clarity Electric was sold only in the US and the Honda e will not be sold in the US, so it doesn't seem the end of the 89-mile BEV will affect the Honda e at all.

It's funny how Honda wiped the Clarity Electric off its Clarity Series web page with such haste that they didn't even take the time to center the images of the Clarity Fuel Cell and the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid on that page. There's just empty white space to the right of the persisting Claritys.

19. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

I wish it was available in Canada and dealer here in Sudbury does not stock the Honda hybrids or Clarity.... When I was there last ask about the Clarity and was told that electric is a waste of time and only way there be a Clarity ordered if customer orders it.

electriceddy likes this.
  20. The exact response when I tried to purchase a Ford Focus Electric (FFE) at the local dealer back in 2012. I said OK, fine... then went across the street and ordered my first Leaf with 9 more miles of range:)

mho, Domenick and miatadan like this.