Trying to purchase Clarity in WA State

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by TKS, May 16, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I parsed it as Car Sales. How do you parse it?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

I agree - Car Sales
    but little difference between sales and production if there is essentially no inventory (which seems to be the case).

4. PHEVDave

PHEVDave Active Member

Wow! I did not realize production levels were so low for the 2020 model. That makes me even happier to have acquired one when I did.

5. PHEVDave

PHEVDave Active Member

All I can say is that when I was shopping for my Clarity last fall there were literally hundreds of them available on dealer lots in California (Oct ‘20). Now, if you search online there is nary a Clarity to be found out there!

6. Certainly fewer than a year ago. Combine a money loser of a car with production shut downs, supply chain disruptions and a chip shortage and the result isn’t surprising.

Two quick searches on edmunds.com show 33 Clarities within 500 miles of southern Oregon, 8 of which are fuel cells and 59 within 500 miles of Los Angeles, 28 of which are fuel cells. There’s is probably some overlap of vehicles in that search, which covers San Diego to Seattle. Maybe there’s actually 75 cars, with 25 of them being fuel cells. Just a guess.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

9. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

10. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Sure, but they show new yesterday and each have a VIN listed.

There have been no local listings for some time, so something is going on and there are three of them. Best odds in a while.

11. Roy2001

Roy2001 Member

If you can find one, buy it. There is literally no Clarity in stock in California now.

insightman likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Danks

Danks Active Member

Cars.com shows a few 2021 Touring's in California.

14. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

Both of those are consistent with Honda notifying them that they were allocated and in transit.
    Some dealers list vehicles in transit in their online inventory, some don't. Of those that do list them, some designate which are actually in transit, some don't.

Listing in transit vehicles generates web traffic, phone calls and foot traffic. Dealers like all of those things.