I've been Selected to get one!

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by restyler, Mar 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. kingzac

kingzac New Member

Typically Privacy Glass is when the glass itself is darkened during manufacturing, whereas tinted is film applied to the glass after it is made.

Michael Knight likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I didn't realize factories ever applied tinting film.

Michael Knight and kingzac like this.
  4. kingzac

kingzac New Member

Me either, that's the part I found weird. Maybe they have local dealers apply them?

Edit:
    Did a bit of searching which is hard because manufacturers seem to use the terms fairly interchangeably, but the difference appears to be:
    Privacy glass: Pigment used during glass manufacture to darken the glass itself
    Factory tint: Added through deep dipping, an electronic process that coats the glass to give it a darker shade.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  5. restyler

restyler Active Member

Have just been sent the latest Project 45 Specs - Includes a bit more info on the range than was put on the news pages last week
    Screen Shot 05-10-21 at 08.40 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 05-10-21 at 08.40 PM 001.PNG
    Screen Shot 05-10-21 at 08.41 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 05-10-21 at 08.41 PM 001.PNG
    Screen Shot 05-10-21 at 08.43 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 05-10-21 at 08.43 PM 001.PNG
    Full PDFs in downloads below

Attached Files:

6. restyler

restyler Active Member

Think they missed ticking the boxes for Android Auto & Apple Carplay as it was all ticked in the specs last week
    Screen Shot 05-10-21 at 10.03 PM.PNG
    And I'm still not sure which versions, (if any), come with the pull up blinds on the rear side windows?
    Screen Shot 05-10-21 at 10.12 PM.PNG

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I think they have dropped the rear side pull up blinds in favour of tinted and privacy glass.

restyler likes this.
  9. restyler

restyler Active Member

Looks like the base model I5 is going to be just 33,810 Euros in Spain =£29,124 !!
    (I'm assuming these prices include VAT and have already deducted an EV grant - any Spanish speakers out there?)
    Screen Shot 05-16-21 at 10.40 AM.PNG

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  10. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

restyler likes this.
  11. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

Sweet, time to check out this link!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. The AWD system doesn't appear to be manually switchable, but seems to behave differently depending on drive move. On eco and normal, the front motor only engages when the car thinks necessary. On sport mode, the front motor appears to be engaged all the time (or at least more often). I get this from one of the Asian Petrolhead videos where he shows a closeup of the instrument display.

Granted, I'm sure some drivers would love to control it directly, but that said it's a clever system IMO. It should provide all or most of the benefits of a conventional AWD system with maybe half the efficiency loss or less.

restyler and electriceddy like this.
  14. If that is the actual operational characteristics at least it is somewhat selectable. In adverse conditions that could be quite handy, thanks for the update.

elfrocampeador likes this.
  15. restyler

restyler Active Member

After discussing the imminent arrival of my car in the next few weeks with my dealer a couple of days ago, I just received the following email: ****!!

Dear Mr XXXXXX

As a valued customer, I am writing to inform you of some important updates to the arrival of IONIQ 5 into the UK.

We had previously communicated that the first IONIQ 5 models, including our limited edition Project 45 models were due to arrive in the UK in late June/early July.

As you know, the Project 45 models are highly specified and come with a range of additional features and equipment above the standard model. Unfortunately, due to supply constraints on some components, the manufacture of the Project 45 vehicles is delayed.

Production of right hand drive IONIQ 5 Project 45 vehicles is scheduled to be complete during July and allowing for shipment and inland transport we anticipate that deliveries can be completed from late August through September.

We sincerely apologise for the delay and any inconvenience this may cause. My team will remain available to you during this period and they will update you as soon as possible with a definitive delivery schedule.

I personally wish to thank you for your patience so far and I am sure that your special IONIQ 5 will be worth the wait.

Regards

Ashley Andrew

Managing Director

png-clipart-yellow-emoji-iphone-apple-color-emoji-ipad-angry-emoji-electronics-text.png

16. Yep I've got that email too and a lot of ?&%$£%)@> also came out of my mouth

restyler and electriceddy like this.
  17. The "supply constraints" are not clearly defined, is it battery supply or the chip shortage?
    Hopefully Hyundai can provide some guidance and administer some form of suitable compensation for the delay based on the assurance that it will be "worth the wait".
    When we pre-ordered in Canada (July 2018) for the 2019 Kona EV, a $100 gift card was sent in December which was nice... didn't receive the car till end of Feb
    so 8 months wait:(

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    Michael Knight and restyler like this.
  18. WOW $100 for 8 months wait such generosity, I would prefer free car insurance for a year well no harm in being cheeky:)

Domenick and restyler like this.
  19. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thanks to COVID-19, I had to wait a year for my electric MINI Cooper SE. While I was waiting, MINI sent out a letter of apology with a matted designer sketch of the car. The dealer gave me a pair of MINI Cooper socks. (Don't ask what a matted designer is--I don't know.)

Michael Knight likes this.
  20. I'm beginning to think $100 for 8 months is looking quite good compared to a print and a pair of socks, mind you Mini Cooper socks might be quite valuable on ebay in the future but don't wear them, trying to imagine me in Ioniq 5 Project 45 socks with little LED's to match the cars lights:) Nah I'm going to be cheeky and ask for insurance and or a home charger.:D

insightman likes this.
  21. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

Oh yeah, house insurance is a great idea with a new from the ground up vehicleo_O Assuming you would be around to collect on it.

electriceddy likes this.
  22. restyler

restyler Active Member

House Insurance??? :D
    I think they were referring to Hyundai Car Insurance - typically costing from £500pa upwards in the UK

electriceddy and Michael Knight like this.