Extended Warranty on a Used Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Loveithateit, May 5, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Loveithateit

Loveithateit New Member

We leased a Clarity 3 years ago during the 250/mo promotion, and its now coming to an end. My buyout with NY tax is about 17,500. We kept the mileage low (16k), so seems like a good enough deal to buy it out.

I'm a little worried that it was a 1st Gen model, and wondering if anyone else bought out a lease and was able to buy an extended warranty. Worth it? Prices Paid?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I wouldn’t say there’s anything that would qualify a 2020 or 2021 as “2nd generation”.

The pedestrian alert is louder, cruise control apparently doesn’t hold speed when going down hill and some buttons on the steering wheel are different. Those are most of the known the changes and some owners aren’t pleased with the first two.

DaleL and Robert_Alabama like this.
  4. Tom H

Tom H New Member

I bought Honda Care from Sean Rausch at Hyannis Honda (G58 5-year 80,000 mile 0 deductible) for $1,053 via internet (very easy). So far not needed but I hear that just parts can be that expensive to I decided to go for it. There was only a $100 difference between $0 deductible and otherwise so I took a chance on that too.

JFon101231 and Loveithateit like this.
  5. Loveithateit

Loveithateit New Member

20, 21 is still 1st generation. And from some articles, probably going to be the only generation.

neal adkins likes this.
  6. JFon101231

JFon101231 Active Member

I generally don't buy the warranty but on a car like this it probably makes sense. But make damn sure you read the fine print to make sure you have coverage on what you expect...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I misconstrued your 1st generation statement about your 3 year old car as suggesting that the 2020 and 2021 models might be a 2nd generation.

The extended warranty sounds like a bargain. I’ll probably get one as I near 3 years. There is one owner who has driven 150K miles and another who is near 100K with few if any reported problems. I guess it boils down to whether or not you want to continue driving the car or what else you could get for $17.5K. Heck, it might be possible to sell it for more than $17.5K.

9. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

It's like your screen name. If you need the warranty before it expires(2 to 4 percent chance),you will love it. If something happens after the warranty expires...you know. Depending on the state many items are covered under *emissions" section of your warranty so up to 150k miles or 10 years. This is to the best of my memory. Check your warranty to confirm.

10. I got the 8 year, 100,000 mile warranty with 0 deductible on my 2020 Touring model for a little over $1,400. I'll probably sell the car used in 5 years with about 50,000 miles and it will look like new. The remaining 3 year, 50,000 mile transferrable warranty on the car will be a huge enhancement for the buyer and I expect to recover most of my purchase price of the warranty in the resale price.

Last edited: May 5, 2021