The 2022 Mini Cooper Lineup: Visual Order Guide

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GvilleGuy, Feb 9, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

You taunt with that beautiful display! The partial-screen CarPlay is about 3/5, here's what my SE looks like:

carplay2021se.jpg

As for an update, it seems like it should happen. Someone on the Electric MINI Enthusiasts Facebook group said it took about 15 minutes to update. Whether dealers can be convinced to do it is another matter.

AndGuz, insightman and GvilleGuy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. EV Novice

EV Novice New Member

FYI, I'm able to use the 2022 configurator if I either use an iOS device or use Safari's Develop menu on my Mac to trick the site into thinking I'm using an iPad. Seems a little glitchy and they may still be testing it, but I was interested to see that it currently allows a heads-up display on the Signature trim for $500.

Edit to add that you need to start with a Hardtop 2 door and then select SE.

Second edit to say that it now lets me configure a 2022 on a Mac without tricking it into thinking I'm using an iPad.

Final edit to say that cookies or cache or something stored from the old configurator was preventing the 2022 configurator from loading. Clearing the miniusa.com data in my browser fixed it, as mentioned in my followup post.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    MichaelC and Carsten Haase like this.
  4. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

Works on an android phone too! Finally...

5. MiniJimmy

MiniJimmy Member

Drove it home today! What a ride home!

[​IMG]

AndGuz, Lainey and MichaelC like this.
  6. EV Novice

EV Novice New Member

I just tried on my other Mac and it still loaded the old configurator. I cleared the miniusa.com data in Safari (Preferences > Privacy), quit Safari, and then reloaded miniusa. The 2022 configurator came up.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

The 2022 configurator doesn't seem include all possible options. I was able to order my Signature with black door handles (ZGF) which aren't currently listed.

AndGuz likes this.
  9. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic!

10. I noticed it let you add a heads up display to the signature model as well...weird. Does anyone know what's up with the silver revolute spokes? They don't look silver...could be an issue as I think the dark colour will clash with the white mirrors and roof.

11. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

The roulette spoke are two toned wheels. The part closest to the center is painted black. The lighter portion is a really sweet silver. I had these on my last mini. I think they look fantastic but are prone to curb damage so be careful.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I’m asking about the revolite spokes, not the roulette spokes.

14. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

My mistake. Dyslexic and read wrong with the typo. Sorry. The revolite is a gunmetal gray. Closer to black than silver.

15. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

It's weird, the configurator calls them revolite silver, but the ones I have for my 2021 SE are "spectre grey". Different from the "bright silver" revolites, which are for the Clubman. Same style, different finish. I think also different size.

16. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Yes, Clubman has same style, different size and different finish. They were called silver when I looked, but once I found out the real color I switched to black. I did not have a purchase order for them.

17. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

upload_2021-4-23_20-19-42.png

Waaah! Me wanna see it. Tell us about your ride home, please.

AndGuz and Lainey like this.
  18. MiniJimmy

MiniJimmy Member

First of all, I have a perfect passenger in my 8 year old daughter, who sat at the back coming home with me. She was screaming for joy every time I accelerated, while admiring the fact that "there is a window over the car ceiling". I deliberately picked streets over highway so I can test the high regen one pedal driving and man, that was fun! Casually beat out a few ICEs and pickup trucks from a stop at traffic lights - didn't mean to, it was just a very natural process when you are driving a MINI SE I guess! Cranked up the music, and my daughter and I sang our way home...

MiniSER, bldxyz, MichaelC and 4 others like this.
  19. insightman

Your story was way better than a photo! Thanks. (But you still owe us a photo.)

MiniSER, neorobo, GvilleGuy and 2 others like this.
  20. insightman

I just found this British video textually pointing out the features of the 2022 MINI Electric. The video displayed this panel at the end:

upload_2021-4-25_20-2-43.png

After reading this claim I immediately went out to my SE and listened intently as I turned it on and off 10 times. All I could make out were 2 beeps that make the final "I" in MINI (which in Morse code is -- .. -. ..). If the sound of the first three letters is in there, it's overwhelmed by the launch of the flying saucer. If I wasn't too lazy, I'd record the power-up audio sequence and use the Audacity program on my computer to display the wave forms so I could visually search for indications of all 4 Morse-code letters. But I am too lazy.

MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.
  21. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

That is really cool!

22. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I stopped by my local dealer today on a whim, and they had an Island Blue Electric Collection in the showroom. The multi color roof definitely looks better in person vs online. I still don't love it, but it's not as obnoxious as I thought it would be.

AndGuz likes this.
  23. insightman

Where's your dealer? Was the car one someone ordered or was it just sitting there waiting for a buyer?