Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Electra

Electra Active Member

Yeah, it's not nationwide. Don't see it TX. Maybe just CARB states?

blinkme323 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sthomasa

Sthomasa Member

I have a 19 base.would love to get one of these deals on the Touring.
    Anyone done a car max trade in? Value please.

4. Great deal! About a thousand better than I got up here in NorCal for my 2020 Touring in September. I also got the 1.9% APR Honda financing. Sounds like they've done away with that deal. Congrats. It amazes me that you can buy a car of this quality, luxury and performance for 19k + TTL.

5. ramasmisc

ramasmisc New Member

Bought Touring 2020 from Thousand Oaks Honda for 26,500 + TTL . The buying process was seamless . Since the car was sitting in the lot for a long time , I have to take the car back to them for detailing as there are plastic wraps on the body were still baked in appears as smudged .

6. blinkme323

blinkme323 Member

Does anyone think that Honda might extend the 7500 rebate to non-ZEV states in Feb? Seems silly that they are limiting the rebates to 20% of the country.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

I haven't heard of any $7,500 rebate program.
    There are manufacturer to dealer incentives of up to ~$7,500 in ZEV States, and not all dealers pass all of that along. The credits Honda gets for sales in ZEV states have a monetary value. Sales in non ZEV states where they don't earn credits do not. They discount the vehicle rather than write a check to Tesla, so unlikely to see the full discount in other States.

9. Honda needs to sell ZEV/TZEV cars in ZEV states to delay the date at which they will need to purchase ZEV credits from other manufacturers. It does not make sense for Honda to incentivize the sale of those vehicles in non-ZEV states.

insightman likes this.
  10. newbie@EV

newbie@EV New Member

Seems a lot of people have been buying end of model year cars............Wonder how much the difference between a 2020 and 2021 should be right now? Is $3K difference for a touring too small to pull the trigger?

11. Some folks have recently reported getting $10,000 or more off on a 2020, from the dealer. If the best you can negotiate between a 2020 and a 2021 is $3000, you’ll need to determine the length of time you intend to own the car and what the difference in resale value may be at the end of that period.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. roadrunnercj

roadrunnercj New Member

Maryland is a ZEV state but I have not found a dealership that even comes close to some of the prices posted here.

14. jeko44

jeko44 New Member

In Massachusetts, this is the best offer from a dealer I've gotten so far on a 2021 Touring:
    Selling Price $30,995
    Doc Fee $398
    MA Tax $1,962.06
    New Plates $170

OUT THE DOOR $33,525.06
    That's before $1500 MOR-EV rebate and fed tax credit.

Best quote on a 2020 Touring was $28,995, but those are very hard to come by around here.

15. Hedgefundie

Hedgefundie Member

$5,000 manufacturer to dealer incentive right now in CA

I’m going to wait for it to go back up to $7,500 before pulling the trigger again.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

16. djohan621

djohan621 Member

current incentives for $5,000 is until 5/03/2021, must wait until then.
    combine with 0.9% APR up to 60 months.

17. Lockester

Lockester New Member

I'm a little late to the party. I bought my base on 5/21/19 for $29,432.71 at the petaluma CA honda dealer. There was a manufacturer's $6k dealer incentive at the time as I understand. Cash price. As I recall, they responded to my inquiry on the true car site.

thenewguy likes this.
  18. Hedgefundie

Hedgefundie Member

Assuming you received the full $7,500 federal tax credit, you can sell the car now to Carvana for basically the same price you paid for it.

Free car for two years!

19. djohan621

djohan621 Member

But if you receive CVRP rebate, you need to keep it for 30 months else they might asked their money back ( I doubt it, but never know)

20. Hedgefundie

Hedgefundie Member

Even if they claw back their money you’d still be even.

21. jeko44

jeko44 New Member

Just agreed to purchase a '21 Clarity Touring here in MA for...

Selling Price $30,995
    Doc Fee $398
    MA Tax $1,962.06
    New Plates $170

OUT THE DOOR $33,525.06
    That's before $1500 MOR-EV rebate and fed tax credit.

Pretty good deal, though it seems not as good as if I was in CA! :)

Was hard to find different colors. No dealer seems to have more than one Touring trim on the lot. Many more bases around.

mhb, sabasc, BrianRC and 1 other person like this.
  22. secret901

secret901 New Member

I'm in SoCal and haven't been able to find any dealer with a 2021 base model in stock. Anyone looking have any luck? With stock in short supply, I'm afraid buyers won't have much leverage in negotiating a price.

23. Sthomasa

Sthomasa Member

Not seeing any, like zero in south OC. Saw
    5 touring at Hardin Honda. My guess... they are holding out for big bucks.
    Has Honda discontinued or maybe chip shortage problems like Ford.
    I was hoping to get over 20k for a 19 base and buy 21 touring for 29k.
    But if no inventory, i would be wasting my time.