Trunk Tray?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Silver Surfer, Apr 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

I am considering purchasing the trunk tray. I was wondering if anyone found this useful or not? Would anyone advise against getting it? Any thoughts would be welcomed on it. Thank you in advance.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It could be useful for protecting the carpet from muddy or snowy boots, or from other fluids spilling. Just as easily a smaller size plastic tub could serve the same purpose. I keep a canvas bag with cleaning supplies/ fluids secured to the passenger side with the webbing and snap connector that originally restrained the charger cable. There is a small, deep storage section beneath the trunk floor which might require that the trunk be completely emptied in order to gain access, with a trunk tray installed. Items may also tend to slide more easily on the tray as opposed to carpet.

4. larrenz

larrenz Member

It can prevent your belongings from sliding also.

5. mattheo0118

mattheo0118 Member

Where are you located? I have an extra one

6. Agzand

Agzand Active Member

As mentioned above it is useful to have a waterproof area in the trunk, the issue that I have with the tray is that it limits access to underfloor storage area. Not a problem if you don't use that area frequently. I also think it makes sense that it covers the deep area of the trunk only, the shallow upper area is already too shallow, you don't want to lose more height to a tray or liner.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

I am in Western New York outside Buffalo, near Rochester.

9. Dislin

Dislin Member

It was thrown in with my car.

Pros: It's nice for being weatherproof & definitely useful just to stop things from sliding around.

Con: Makes it more difficult to access the under-trunk storage area. Fit is tight so you'd have to wrestle the mat a bit to get underneath there.

10. bill_m

bill_m Member

If you are concerned about item slippage, I would recommend a moving van style blanket. It is free form and you can mold it to secure just about any shaped object.

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

When driving my Dad around in the winter I like that I can position the wet, dripping wheels of his folded walker over my trunk tray.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SSpiffy

SSpiffy Member

I have found it good to protect the carpet in the trunk from drippy things, most recently a bag of red mulch that leaked red colored water into the liner.
    And personally I keep my small survival kit in the bin. It's something I don't need on a regular basis and if I do, moving stuff in the trunk won't be a problem. That said, unless there's heavy stuff in the trunk (like 6 bags of mulch), it's easy to just lift the rear edge of the liner to access the bin.

Gene 2020 Honda Clarity
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Inside EVs mobile app