The 2022 Mini Cooper Lineup: Visual Order Guide

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GvilleGuy, Feb 9, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

313, 319, 402, 431, 674 from that list are all standard on Sig+ also as shown on my inquiry report attached. IMG_3073.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

AndGuz and Lainey like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Thanks! I would've been shocked if that had changed so much!

4. Sirius XM 1 year subscription comes standard on Signature trim. Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 4.24.14 PM.png

AndGuz and Lainey like this.
  5. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

It is generally hard to see what is different for the 2022 Iconic package without the builder. I can also report what the my garage says:
    Under Iconic Trim
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 4.26.29 PM.png

Under Touchscreen Navigation Plus
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 4.26.41 PM.png

Under Standard Features
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 4.26.49 PM.png

Whereas the 2021 Builder shows you the contrast, side by side:
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 4.29.00 PM.png

6. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Awesome thanks!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I went for Iconic for the Power Spoke wheels and the 8.8" screen, but I like the front sensors and the head-up display is great (I didn't really care for it originally).

Of course the 8.8" screen is standard now, so it's one less thing to consider.

insightman likes this.
  9. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

My iconic decision points:
    • Wheel choices
    • Active cruise
    • HUD
    • Piano Black Trim

AndGuz likes this.
  10. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Oh, right, don't forget Enigmatic Black is not an option below Iconic.

I have been looking at this thread and having two thoughts, like, why I was so rejecting of the Electric Collection because it was built on Sig+. And the answer keeps coming back to the inanity that they won't let you add leather seats to the thing! Why would they not take my money?

And, I also wanted Chrome, which I could have with Sig+, but not with Enigmatic Black. Or the Roulette Spoke wheels.

I just need this wait to be over so I can pick up this beautiful car and stop thinking about what might have been!

11. We had the inverse problem, we didn’t want cloth or leather seats so we were forced to downgrade our sig+ order to a sig. MINI is leaving money on the table all over the place with their questionable limitations.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

14. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

upload_2021-4-3_13-59-30.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    bmartinez028 and Puppethead like this.
  15. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

That’s great. Now the fun begins.....waiting...ha
    What is “D&H”? Destination & Handling? Was not added to our order. Isn’t that what the $850 is for?

16. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

They never did give explanation for "D+H" And yes the $850 is for Destination charge. Yes, I want it now.

17. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I saw in the Electric MINI Enthusiast group on Facebook that someone got delivery of a 2022 SE!

Now, when the heck do you think that Miniusa.com will have the build tool up? I would at least like some straightforward view of the differences between the trim levels, plus the Electric Collection!

Lainey and insightman like this.
  18. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Seems like this LCI update was rushed by MINI. My dealer service thought they weren't coming until 2023, so even the dealers aren't being reliably updated.

19. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Another grrrrrr moment.

The International Electric MINI Enthusiast member who took delivery of their 2022 SE?

Enigmatic Black with Chrome trim.

So, UK and Canada, sure. US, nope. Just have Piano Black.

Lainey likes this.
  20. Now that’s interesting. Especially since they all come from the same factory.

21. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

It still just boggles my mind that anyone interested in buying the current SE goes to the Mini USA web site and can only build a model which is no longer available, looks different, and has fairly big changes in the trim level options. A major corporation in 2021 is lagging months behind on updating their web site.

22. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Yep, and it happens every time they launch a new/updated model. I don't get it.

23. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

If MINI doesn't have the programming resources to enable customers to configure their cars, why not at least post the list of options and constraints provided to the programmers of the order-acceptance system dealers use?

Lainey, GvilleGuy and AndGuz like this.