Help with Flashing Red light Driver Footwell area

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by EV4Me, Feb 10, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

Help with Flashing Red light Driver Footwell area.
    I just noticed this little attachment under the dash in the driver footwell area with a Flashing Red Light.........I assume it is alarm related.
    I purchased the 2020 Clarity Touring in Dec 2020 and declined the dealer installed alarm.........is this a part of that alarm and they forgot to take it out?
    Where is the alarm unit removed from under the hood?
    Pic attached: clarity red light.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

That is NOT OEM. I would head immediately to the dealer and demand it be removed and have them show you everything they remove.

ICanBreakIt and EV4Me like this.
  4. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

lol

EV4Me likes this.
  5. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

Most likely inventory tracker. Just have them remove it, no big deal.

EV4Me likes this.
  6. There’s nothing like that on our 2019. I’d ask what it is. Maybe you got a bonus accessory at no charge?

EV4Me likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

Is that plugged into the OBDII port?

EV4Me likes this.
  9. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

No it isn't

10. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

100% not OEM.....my 3 other Clarity's did not have it either. Just didn't notice it til today.
    I will call the dealership tomorrow.
    I was hoping they left the alarm in the car but maybe they forgot one part of it.
    Thank you for the response s.

11. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

I just called the dealership and spoke to a finance manager and he said that is the security system which should have been removed but they must have forgotten to remove it.
    According to him I got a free security system but I would like to figure out a way to verify this.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

How refreshing! Just the weird kind of problem this forum needed. Nothing like finding 1960s Soviet spy equipment in your car to get the excitement going again.

Domenick likes this.
  14. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Yeah, that's what it looks like...

ICanBreakIt likes this.
  15. There is some internet data that suggests a dealer supplied chip may have been removed and replaced with an inert chip which renders the system inactive. If that is the case, it would be a reasonable explanation as to why the components were not removed.

16. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

I guess they forgot to remove the dealer installed alarm in my car. I notice when I lock the doors there is a blinking red light in the instrument panel too...........pretty sure I didn't have that in my previous Clarity's, unless I missed it.
    Assuming they did forget to remove it, can anyone tell me the benefits of it?

17. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

It could be a GPS tracking device. Do you really want the dealer to be able to track your every movement of the vehicle? I would never do business with that bunch ever again.

18. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

You should ask them to remove it.

19. I believe it has shock sensors for one.
    Ours has a blinking red light in the instrument panel and no dealer installed alarm system.
    If you’re using HondaLink they can probably track you. Or if you have a cell phone.

20. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

That blinking red light on the dash is Honda's built-in security system. It's just letting you know it's armed. Standard on all Hondas.

21. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

Never noticed that before, but then i've never sat in the Clarity and locked the dors with key before this issue arose lol.

22. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

Just spoke to the finance manager that we dealt with and he said the optional security systam is deactivated as I did not purchase it and that they just forgot to remove the part from the car and so it serves no purpose. He said they will remove it if I can go there but unfortunately they are over 2 hours away. What a PIA

Thank you for all the responses, I appreciate it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  23. Apparently not worth their time to do a thorough removal. They probably pay $50 for the system and charge $1,000