Norway, the testbed of EV’s!

Discussion in 'General' started by Bob Long, Jan 31, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bob Long

Bob Long Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

And while we’re on the subject of Norway and EV sales, I’m much enjoying the GM EV Super Bowl commercial this year:

Domenick, electriceddy and R P like this.
  4. Bob Long

Bob Long Member

Brilliant Turtleturtle! I had heard about the Will Ferrell commercial, but hadn’t watched it until now. Glad I got my EV statistics right about Norway ;)

This reminds me when we visited Australia a few years back....
    Me and my partner who’s Norwegian (and happens to be blonde) were in a small town supermarket, and at the checkout the young girl was looking at her hair. I then said “Yes, she’s from NORWAY”. Looking slightly bemused she then said: “Where is Norway”? Upon which I replied: “It’s in Scandinavia”. Judging by the look on her face she was getting even more confused. I then said: “The ARCTIC CIRCLE?”......”The NORTH POLE???”......
    “SANTA CLAUS???”.....Then the long awaited reaction: “Ahh yes, I’ve heard of him”......IQ 3.7 :)
    Yes, Norway DOES exist!!
    Thanks Turtleturtle for making my day :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  5. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Audi responds:

After the last one, I have a hungering for Gravlax.

Domenick, turtleturtle and Bob Long like this.
  6. Bob Long

Bob Long Member

Even better Haha. Made my day again :)
    Cheers Mate..
    PS Love the Sami music and singing in the background which is called "yoiking"

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Norway is a place I want to visit. Just have seen/heard too many good things about it. Love that kind of scenery (ice, fjords, etc), seafood, and the small town atmosphere (hopefully not just imagined). And any of my friends that visited it, loved it.

The other place I want to go see is Iceland, ever since watching Will Ferrel's movie Eurovision. I want to visit the town, Husavik, and loved that song, and music. I want to go to that pub.
    https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/culture_and_living/2020/07/14/icelanders_go_crazy_for_will_ferrell_eurovision_mov/

Another place is NZ, also nothing but good experiences I have heard from friends who have visited here.

These are near the top of my bucket list.

Domenick and Bob Long like this.
  9. Bob Long

Bob Long Member

Well, coming from the UK and having travelled extensively to Norway and New Zealand, (but never visited Iceland) I can honestly say that both countries have a lot to offer, and the scenery is breathtaking! The norwegians are a placid people and the country is very safe. Saying that, Norway is extremely expensive and Iceland is even worse. For me being English I do miss the pub culture and atmosphere. Norwegians tend to stay at home and entertain friends rather than going out, but then with their cold winters its best staying in. The summers can be very hot, and even where we are, about 1 hour north of Oslo it never gets dark the whole month of June. All our lives are on hold because of Covid and travelling is a thing we all miss at the moment. My son lives in New Zealand, so visiting him and his family is currently impossible. Yes, by all means put those three countries on your bucket list, you won't be disappointed!

ericy and R P like this.
  10. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Okay, so we’ve established that Norway does exist, but what about Finland? I mean, have any of us been there, or is it just a secret fishing ground?

Free your minds! r/finlandConspiracy

/s

Bob Long likes this.
  11. Bob Long

Bob Long Member

Finland also exists, and if you like trees, trees and more trees...and ohhh, I forgot the mosquitos, then yes Finland is a great place! These are the words from my Norwegian fiancée who has driven through Finland from Norway. I personally haven’t been there but it sounds nice! ;)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Are there still parts of Finland to avoid due to the Chernobyl fall-out?

Bob Long likes this.