SOC in 1% increments

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by KeninFL, Jan 26, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KeninFL

KeninFL Member

Need some help.
    On the instrument display in front of the steering wheel there is the soc indicator on the right side. It's in 12.5% increments. At the bottom of the instrument display, on the right side is the trip mileage readout which can be changed to display the date. From day 1 on my car the display in that space was the soc in 1% increments. As you drive, it would tick down and, thus, is much (m-u-c-h) more accurate than the soc indicator above it.
    So far so good.
    The other day I started the car and the % display was replaced with that day's date. I went into the cid for vehicle settings looking for the way to reset the display back to the soc in single %
    Can't find how to do it. Even in the manual.
    Maybe it's me.
    So, anyone here know how to reset the display?

GvilleGuy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Daniel Edwards

Daniel Edwards New Member

The top button on the end of the left hand stalk changes this information. It has trip info as well as the SOC display.

GetOffYourGas and GvilleGuy like this.
  4. KeninFL

KeninFL Member

100% thanks.

5. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

You beat me to it. I had never seen the 1% display on my car, but I've seen it in various YouTube videos/range reviews. It took me a week to find that button and figure out how it works.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  6. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Kind of wish they didn't have that button right next to the auto brights button. That is one I have to relearn.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Daniel Edwards

If memory serves you can choose what this section displays by a setting in the main display.

9. fizzit

fizzit Active Member

When I set it to show mi/kwh it switches back to the date after restarting the car. The display persists for any other setting. Anyone else experience that?

10. Daniel Edwards

I have the date not selected to show in the cluster, so no.