Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

OMG yes!!!

I've been loving the memes mostly because I am so Bernie - practical coat, mittens etc - though I'd have a big ol' fluffy hat on to keep me warm.

AndGuz likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

upload_2021-1-22_17-34-44.png

Somebody had to do it.

AndGuz, vader, bldxyz and 2 others like this.
  4. insightman

I fixed it as best as I could by adding a second Bernie. I really wanted him in the car.

Lainey likes this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I use the touchscreen constantly with CarPlay (it was designed for that), but when in the regular MINI menu system I'm more likely to use the knob.

AndGuz likes this.
  6. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I'm dying here with the Bernies. I will share those with my family for sure!

I have a Samsung Note, so no CarPlay for me.

I let the spouse take the car out to pick up pizza for dinner. Figure he should have some fun playing with the car too. I kept looking at how much it was for what we got (Sig+ and cross punch leather - which seriously my favorite leather they offer) and can't help but think it's such a fantastic deal. Love all the little tech upgrades from my 2016 too.

AndGuz likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

My Bolt also has one pedal driving, and there are pros and cons to each. The Bolt has the most aggressive regen of basically any EV on the road, and stops very quickly without the brakes. With the Mini, I have to plan out farther, and use the brake pedal more often. On the other hand, the Bolt is very jerky going back and forth between acceleration and deceleration. The Mini is strong, and also smooth as butter.

I didn’t try coasting in neutral yet. The “coasting” regen of the accelerator pedal is really easy to find on this car. On the Bolt it is practically nonexistent - it is either go or stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

insightman, GvilleGuy and Lainey like this.
  9. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Probably because all of my test drives weren't long term, I find the Mini easy to plan out. I have had to use the breaks once and it was because I floored it for my kid and had a stop sign. I do hold down the break at lights because my sister in law passed on that she was told to for safety reasons by her dealership (Bolt owner).

I agree that the coasting in mid at least is easy to find on this car. I just tested the N-D shift because there are some roads I even would do that in with my 6spd. The pedal on this one is very much like my last one. Though I still do 2 feet to start it sometimes lol

It is 15°F now so I took my car for a drive. No pre-conditioning just straight cold. Power dropped to 80% for quite literally 1 minute after driving for a minute or two. Had 80% going on the on ramp which is more than enough for me and shortly after it was back up to 100%. Happy with the highway driving (though I do not do that as regularly). Very similar feel to my F55S I sold. Enough power at 70mph or so to accelerate fast enough if needed.

10. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I take a night off from the forum and Lainey's car shows up! Looks great - congratulations! Seeing your BRG with the bonnet stripes makes me confident I made the right choice for me.

AndGuz likes this.
  11. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Thank you! Apparently they had a lot of good comments on this look while she was in the showroom. Kept her locked too so no one could touch lol

I think the roulette spokes will look great with this look! I'm still pondering blacking out more, but will leave it to pros since my last Mini brought in more money than expected. Considering blacking out the front grille and boot handle too. That's something someone else would have to do anyway so might as well have all of it match.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. GvilleGuy

I am moving @bldxyz and my production discussion here. Probably doesn't need to be in delivery stories yet...7 AM EST - it's nice to have a VIN number showing in My Garage now. The status is still "Today's the day".

bldxyz likes this.
  14. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Same here.

15. GvilleGuy

Now that @bldxyz and I have moved to production status, does anyone recall how long it normally takes for a Mini to move through production? Is it a week or longer? We’ve been sitting at “Today is the day” for two days.

16. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

It was I think exactly 2 weeks "in production" before it hit the assembly line. At that point it was a couple days to be assembled, painted and tested. The in production is really just the prep of getting all your choices ready for the line. I think the spreadsheet should show others and hos long it took.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  17. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

That tracks to the handful of people who filled in the whole spreadsheet.

The Delivery Spreadsheet shows about 16 days from Production Begins to Dispatched from Factory. So 2 weeks of prep and a couple of days to build adds up.

18. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I tried to be good giving the best data I had. I kept my own spreadsheet too but obviously missed some steps as the car doesn't stop being built while we sleep.

16 days sounds about right. Honestly the last leg of the trip the car will make will probably be even worse than this one where you are waiting for production. IIRC the build week I was given was dead on for actual build. So if you were told a day for production by ASK MINI or the like, it lined up right. My dealer actually gave me build week once they had it and it was dead on.

AndGuz likes this.
  19. insightman

I would love to know how the MINI Garage's timeline graph is updated! It can't possibly be automated.

20. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I have a long-delayed vacation to the UK, and now I have reason to add a tour of the MINI Factory. If, by then, I remember this experience, I will be sure to ask that question!

AndGuz and insightman like this.
  21. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

That would be cool to know.

I always imagined the cars were scanned or checked by humans into a system that they all can see. So I'm curious to know what they really do. I've watched a few videos of the plant but haven't paid enough attention to that aspect if it shows or not.

22. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Not long ago, RFID was all the rage. Inventory management was the main application, but manufacturing found uses. It could be that simple.

Lainey likes this.
  23. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

This is clearly the most boring part: "Today's the day!" for however many days.

I know, I know, it's in the production queue, and there is no telling how long it stays in that queue but we seem to think it is about two weeks. It's been one week now?

AndGuz and Lainey like this.