EV Box

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Emily, Oct 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Emily

Emily New Member

I just ran into an EV Box public charger and my Kona won't connect to it. Does anyone have any ideas re how these Chargers work? I have no problems connecting to any other charging stations.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

The station may be dead, have you checked on plugshare to see if others have been having issues?

4. TRSmith

TRSmith Member

The brand itself shouldn’t be any reason for it not to work. Some possibilities:
    - The station just isn’t working. Check PlugShare, as cmwade77 suggested.
    - You might need to activate and/or pay for it with an app, card, etc. That should be indicated on the device itself, or somewhere nearby.
    - I’m not an expert on this so asking for others to weigh in: would too-high amperage result in this? Standard Level 2 EVSEs are 32A, which is the Kona’s maximum, but what would happen if you tried charging with a more powerful EVSE?

5. Emily

Emily New Member

Plugshare doesn't show a problem. I've charged at Level 3 chargers before and no problem. I've tried all my charging cards and credit cards. No luck. And the EV Box website is useless. Thanks for the suggestions.

6. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

My EVSE advertises 40A to whatever it's plugged into, but the Kona's charger only pulls
    32A of that. In general, most of the time the car makes the decision.

_H*

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

I agree. It is likely it is not working or you don't have the correct credentials to activate it. If you do a google search you will find a link to the company. You can follow the leads and possibly find the responsible contact. It would be helpful to know if it is one of their commercial models or home model.