Charging port door opens during starting

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Ray B, Oct 4, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

The last three times I started the car, I got the dashboard warning that the charging port door was open, and sure enough, it was. Anyone else have this issue?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

Before you start the next time, maybe step out of the car and check the port? I wonder if a button on the key fob is being pushed inadvertently?

4. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

I haven't had that issue. My wife informed me that the camera on the passenger side was not working properly on the new car. For starters the only thing I know of to clean up little glitches is to Reboot the system. Perhaps you've already done this?

For people who don't know about Reboot you simply long press on the Audio power button (upper left button on the touch screen) until the popup asks if you want to reboot. This does not change any of your settings but possibly can correct a myriad of little problems. It fixed our right side camera issues.

5. Not working properly or not working at all?

Can that camera be disabled, so the image is not displayed on the screen?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  6. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Yes see this video

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

Ray B

Maybe check the manual release under the driver side dash.

Keep us posted on your finding!

9. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

x2. Left foot accidentally kicking the manual release open unknowingly when you get in the car? Not hard to to...

Mowcowbell likes this.
  10. Have you confirmed that it has not been disabled?

11. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

Must have been accidentally triggered by the remote button inside my pocket. I tried it again this evening and it is back to normal. Just odd that it happened 3 times in succession, with me getting in and out of the car each time (and an extra time to get out and shut the charging door), and it still triggered in the same fashion. Two and half years of driving it daily and it didn't ever happen until today x3. Odd luck.

I did investigate the manual trigger and my foot doesn't come close to triggering it and I'm sure I would have felt it anyway.

insightman likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.