Delivery Stories

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by insightman, Feb 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TittaPDX

TittaPDX Member

titta.jpg View attachment 9428
    Yep, trying to pick the background. May have to wait until I see the car in person. There's a tool on the Oregon site that allows you to calculate the expected fees of registration/titling - you can check if personalized plate is available and then see how it will look on the plate. This isn't what I want to use on plate but illustrates the options. The regular "tree plate" actually fits the personalization really well with the tree in right place. I do like the Smokey the Bear plate but the first white letter/number gets a little lost on the background.

Forgot to mention: mine is Enigmatic Black with the minimal yellow badges.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    LazyPanda and Toi like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Norbu72

Norbu72 Active Member

FWIW, I’m going with the whale plate for my mini. It’s pretty neutral gray/blue. Should be fine with green/black/dark gray mini colors. No vanity plate though.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

LazyPanda and TittaPDX like this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Enigmatic Black is not only a great color, but a fantastic name for a color. What color are your mirrors and roof?

Here are the online vs actual plate and custom frame for my Moonwalk Grey SE:
    [​IMG]

LazyPanda, Norbu72 and TittaPDX like this.
  5. TittaPDX

TittaPDX Member

I was told roof and mirrors are also enigmatic black. I also like the Pacific Wonderland one but it wasn't in the tool. Not sure how it looks in person...I need to pay more attention while driving. I think bottom left is pretty accurate.
    pacificwonderland.jpg

LazyPanda likes this.
  6. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

My SE is home at last!
    IMG_0239.jpeg

Norbu72, idrw, F14Scott and 5 others like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

MichaelC likes this.
  9. LazyPanda

LazyPanda Member

MichaelC likes this.
  10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

11. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

Awesome. More pics!
    Mine will be the same color combo (moonwalk grey with black mirrors and black roof), and I am especially glad to see that combination does not include the yellow grille blade.

MichaelC likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Congrats! Racing stripe on the hood? I did not think that is an option.

14. MichaelC

Will do!

MINI offers 2 styles of stripes your dealer can install as accessories during PDI (or you could probably get similar options aftermarket):
    • Bonnet Stripes (the kind I see most often)
    • Sport Stripes (the ones I got)
      • These go on the bonnet and the boot lid.
      • You can also get matching Sport Stripes that go on the roof (if you don't have a sunroof).

idrw likes this.
  15. MichaelC

Ask and you shall receive!
    IMG_0257.jpeg
    IMG_0262.jpeg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpeg
    I am the second person to take delivery of an SE in the Kansas City area. The first was delivered yesterday, and was also Moonwalk Grey. That color is way more popular than I expected!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    idrw and F14Scott like this.
  16. insightman

Your last photo made me laugh because of what's in the background. When I proposed our trip to the Kalamazoo Drive Electric Week event last Saturday, my wife complained that we'd have to spend half the day sitting, waiting for an open DCFC charging station. I made the ridiculous rationalization, "Think about people heading west in Conestoga wagons! We'll have it way better than them!" Then you show your SE in front of a Conestoga wagon.

Here we are, eating our Subway sandwiches while we added 50 miles (to 92%) in 40 minutes. Both charging stations were, indeed, occupied by an i3 and a Bolt as we pulled in and I got the "told-you-so." However both EVs finished charging 5 minutes after we arrived. My wife eventually admitted the charging experience wasn't as trying as she had imagined.

The i3 driver told me the tops of the ChargePoint charging stations swivel to give you more cable distance--something I didn't know before.
    upload_2020-9-29_23-52-8.png

MichaelC, F14Scott and Norbu72 like this.
  17. Norbu72

Norbu72 Active Member

Fantastic! Looks great. Congratulations and have fun. We’ll be waiting for driving stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

MichaelC likes this.
  18. F14Scott

I'm so happy for you and excited for me, 'cause your car is really sharp. That stripe is great, and the yellow accents are not as obtrusive as I had envisioned; I may not bother with the whole stealth delete thing and instead engage in the highest form of flattery: imitation.

I like the rims you chose. So we won't be perfect twins, mine will have the "tentacle" spoke wheels. Here's a photo of an S that is close to what mine will look like.
    30.jpg

MichaelC likes this.
  19. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! You have thrown my entire color choice into chaos! This looks great! I was leaning chili red, but now I’m thinking Moonwalk with stripes. And those are the wheels I love. How long was your wait from deposit to delivery? (I have not looked to see if you are on the delivery thread spreadsheet)

20. idrw

idrw Member

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the dealer charge you for the sport stripes? I am thinking of doing the same for my MINI.

21. GDOG

GDOG Member

MichaelC likes this.
  22. F14Scott

23. insightman

The SE comes with MINI's cargo package lid that creates a floor above the well the WeatherTech liner normally lines. The 120-Volt EVSE and the tire repair kit/tow hook package live under this lid--two items most MINIs do not have. The well is 34" x 14-1/2" x 4-7/8". The area atop the lid is 38" x 18". The lid is removable and it can be removed and re-inserted at a higher position to make it level with the folded rear seats.

AFAIK, the only interior dimensional variation between a MINI Cooper and an SE is the rear seat is reported to be a smidge higher in the SE to accommodate the battery underneath.

It appears that no phone taller than 6 inches will fit into the spring-loaded phone holder/wireless charger. The phone compartment is about 3-1/8" wide. I asked my dealer if the phone charger could be removed, but they said it couldn't. I believe there are instructions somewhere online describing how to remove it, but it's messy, including cutting wires rather than simply unplugging them.

F14Scott and MichaelC like this.