Biden or Trump

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bwilson4web, Aug 11, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I served in the Austrian Army. I was deployed at the Austria-Hungary border after the Iron Curtain fell to pick up people who illegally crossed the border. We used the STEYR STG77 (fully auto version of the semi auto Steyr AUG/Microtech MSAR). We also got to use the STG 58 which was basically a FAL. The STG 58 was very heavy compared to the compact and light STG 77.. but it was 7.62 x 51 and not 5.56 mm.. I personally prefer drum mags... Not that I'm not confident in my shooting skills but sometimes you may need more than a couple of rounds.. Being in Florida, it's not unrealistic that after a Hurricane you have gangs of looters breaking into houses.. You may need more then a couple of rounds... It did happen in New Orleans during Katrina... It's VERY possible here in FL if a CAT5 storm hits and wipes out communication.. Luckily, Florida allows lethal self defense and defense of property and you can't be sued in civil court for killing looters or crooks that break into your property.

For me... a good day at the range is about 1000 rounds...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

For me, it is how many holes are in a 20 cm circle at 100 m.

Bob Wilson

4. FloridaSun

For me, it's probably most of my groupings with my tricked out AR with a good scope.. With the AK, I only have iron sights, so it's not quite as accurate past 50 yards.. However, up to 50 yards, the AK is deadly accurate too.. Not sure if it would do better with a good scope..

5. bwilson4web

The hooded, cross front sight and rear peep gives a functional, 1x scope. It is easy to switch focus between the cross hair front sight and target. Those post front sights don't really work compared to the wire cross hairs.

I got mine from:
    https://www.dixiegunworks.com

Bob Wilson

6. FloridaSun

I usually have a red dot with a 2x magnification but I often change to a larger scope on range day. I usually align my red dot and scope with my front sight.. This isn't really necessary but if done properly, it's a great way to double check..
    Haven't really been to the range recently.. Have to go one of those days but it just rains too much here in Florida in Summer.. Fall or Winter however is perfect for the outdoor range.. We have a few 100 yard indoor ranges but they are about 30 miles from my house..

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

Just curious:
    1. Would you defend casting your ballot with your weapon?
    2. Would you defend someone else casting their ballot with your weapon?
    Of course there are tactical issue ranging from the poll worker, the mail man up to the Probate Judge (in Alabama), Secretary of State, and beyond.

Bob Wilson

9. FloridaSun

It depends on the situation. If ELIGIBLE VOTERS (US Citizens who are not ineligible felons and are registered to vote) are not allowed to vote and turned away, there are other steps to take first before taking up arms. Again, if the individual has proof that they are an eligible US citizens and they show up at the correct precinct and they are denied to vote despite clearly being an eligible voter, then the first step is to involve federal and local law enforcement. The 2nd step would be to film and document evidence that ELIGIBLE voters were refused to vote and then legally challenge the result of the vote. Also, document that neither local nor federal law enforcement was willing to enforce voter's rights to vote.
    Once the vote is done, call the ACLU and file la lawsuit with the documented evidence that ELIGIBLE voters at the correct precinct were denied to vote. If that fails because let's say the courts are all biased and ignore the constitution etc., then it may be time for a revolt.. Same goes for other infringements of rights.. Let's say that Democrats replace someone on the Supreme court and replace them with someone that ignores the constitution and overturns McDonald and Heller rulings and says that the 2nd amendment is no longer an individual right.. In that case, it would be time to pick up arms as it is 100% clear based on the founders writings that they meant it to be an individual right. I'd follow the same exact thing for any other right that government tries to take away.. After the 2nd amendment, the right to vote is one of the most important ones. Anyone who can document that they are an eligible voter should be allowed to vote, period.. Of course, you won't be allowed to vote if you committed a felony and have not completed the process to restore your voting rights.. You won't be allowed if you can't prove that you are US citizen. You can't be allowed to vote if you claim to be someone else. You can't be allowed to vote multiple times.. If you end up voting multiple times in the same election, you need to be locked up in prision and lose your voting rights indefinitely.
    There are those who oppose "voter ID", saying that this stops eligible voters from voting which is of course BS.. There are virtually no people that have no ID's. If you want to buy a house, you need ID. If you want to rent a house or apartment, you need ID. If you work and make money to pay for your rent or property taxes and your food, you need ID. If you are on welfare, section 8 housing etc. , you need ID to collect that.. You won't be able to live in this country if you don't have an ID. The voter ID is being fought by the left to allow Illegals to vote..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  10. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

They'll come at you with gas (various forms) and drones and LRADs and dogs and their propaganda but what matters most is the people aren't afraid and don't give into fear. This helps with making sure the military and police don't fire on their civilian friends and relatives and instead turn against oppressors. What helps people feel secure is necessary but never in the sense of trading liberty for a sense of security.

11. FloridaSun

If you look at Venezuela right now.. Military and Police has fired and killed many civilians. They are still doing as they are told.. Venezuela disarmed their population in 2012.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-18288430

Chavez registered and confiscated guns and now, the population is defenseless against their regime. There is no reason why something like this couldn't happen in the US. That's why Americans will not give up their guns. We won't register and certainly not turn in any guns, at least the vast majority of gun owners.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bwilson4web

ericy likes this.
  14. FloridaSun

I wonder if they exhausted all legal options.. Of course, you want to attempt resolve issues in a non violent way first but if that fails, people have to pick up arms.. Furthermore, guns in Belarus are registered, giving the government the ability to disarm their critics..

15. bwilson4web

Just curious if you've followed the Swiss gun practices?

My impression is the Swiss are one of the most heavily armed population with some having fully automatic weapons stored at home. Yet they seem to avoid the worst gun disasters and crimes that so heavily weight in the USA experience. Since you came from the EU, perhaps you might have some thoughts about gun practices in Europe?

Bob Wilson

DaleL likes this.
  16. FloridaSun

I'm very well aware that most adults who have served in the army (almost all of them) take their machine gun home after they finish their mandatory service in the Army. There are several reasons why there are less mass shooting (well, virtually NO mass shootings) and in generally less homicides than in the USA. The main reason for it is that Switzerland, just like many other countries in Europe are mostly homogeneous societies and the resulting different culture of people. Also, heavy gun ownership is also a deterrent for crime. My native country of Austria also has a fairly well armed population as it is not too difficult to acquire guns even though it's more regulated than in the US. My dad had several guns and took me to the range as early as age 12. He had some 9mm handguns and some rifles.. He was a bank manager and they didn't have a armored truck to haul the money.. When he brought a suitcase full of money to the Central Office, he did it in his car with his holstered 9mm under his suit. Austria, like Switzerland is also a homogeneous society with low crime for that reason. Recently, crime has gone up in Austria due to the migration of refugees during the Syria crisis. Crime went through the roof in areas near the refugee camps, so Austrians are not too fond of low income/no income migration. Gun purchases went through the roof during the peak of the refugee crisis. However, the "culture" of those countries is the main reason. Most kids in Central Europe grow up with their mom and dad. Fatherless homes are another reason why crime is so high in the USA. If you look into our prison system, most of the inmates were raised by single mothers who gave a f*** about their kids. Growing up in a broken family leads to mental issues and causes kids to go on rampages, shooting others.. Most of those mass shooters had mental issues and were raised by single mothers or lived in a "broken" household. The underlying mental issues of broken families are the number one cause of crime and mental issues in this country. The only way to fix the crime in this country is to fix it's culture..
    While, many in Europe no longer get married, the same couple usually stays together and raises their kids together.. The main reason for that is they pay less taxes if they are not married in Austria as there is a marriage penalty, so couples often don't get married for that reason as they don't want to pay more taxes.. Also, divorce rate is nowhere to the rate in the USA..

bwilson4web likes this.
  17. bwilson4web

Interesting comment about divorce. I'm the oldest of five brothers:
    • Met wife in 1997 and still have her. She'd been married to an abusive husband before. She was a converted Catholic so I didn't push getting married until she turned 65 ... almost 15 years ago.
    • Second brother, married college gal and divorced after one kid. Now married to an emergency room doctor, they had no kids.
    • Third brother, fathered one in high school. Married collage gal and they had 'PEST' (Patrick, Eric, Sam, and Tess). Divorced, he is married to another gal.
    • Fourth brother, various strange relationship but no kids (one loved her Yugo.) Married Philippine gal and they have two kids.
    • Fifth brother, had three kids with first wife. Second wife brought her kid.
    Mom married my late Dad until he passed from a stroke about 10 years ago. She now has a 'live-in' who handles the house chores and company. Some of my brothers take 'umbrage' with him but I figured none of us are 'without sin' and should not cast stones.

Bob Wilson

18. FloridaSun

How kids grow up really affects their future and mental health.. You can be "divorced" but still be in your kids life.. However, this often does not happen in the majority of cases.. I'm on my 2nd wife.. Got married too young to my first wife at age 23 (she was 22)... Divorced 6 years later. We had no kids, so no issues with that.. Now I'm with my 2nd wife for over 13 years and 2 kids.. Had kids late in life.. I was 39 when my son was born in 2010 and 41 when my daughter was born in 2012..

19. bwilson4web

I kinda wish a neural-net computer could be assigned the task of analyzing our species marriage and mating practices.

Bob Wilson

20. FloridaSun

Would be interesting.. What does NOT take a computer to analyze is the correlation between fatherless homes and crime rate.
    That's a statistical fact..

https://thefatherlessgeneration.wordpress.com/statistics/

21. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Honestly, there is absolutely no way I can vote for Biden, especially now that his running mate is Harris, as she is beyond awful, I mean banning people from eating red meat (or more recently forcing them to limit red meat)? And that is just one example of her problems and face it, if Biden is elected, she will be president within 6 months.

Trump is almost as bad, but really I don't think I could vote for Biden or any third party at this point, so my options are very limited at best. Too bad we can't have a "No Confidence" vote and get a do over.

22. bwilson4web

Source?

Bob Wilson

23. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member