Delivery Stories

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by insightman, Feb 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

Anybody know when the factory reopens after the summer break?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

I am curious as well... I have seen conflicting reports of 'last week of August' to 'there is no shutdown this year'...

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Yes, after refreshing the marinetraffic.com screen over and over last night, the Grand Hero's speed finally went to 0 knots at 12:45 am this morning. Google Maps shows a similar vehicle-carrier docked at the Dundalk Marine Terminal in Baltimore. I can see the dock across which my MINI will be rolling. That assumes whatever unknown stop-sale recall problem @Puppethead is facing didn't cause my MINI to catch fire during the long voyage across the ocean.

Edit: Just got a call from the dealer. The stop-sale has been lifted. Whatever the problem is, it can be handled with a service visit later.

upload_2020-8-14_14-31-47.png

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    electriceddy, MichaelC and Toi like this.
  5. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

That's awesome news, @insightman!

I speculate Week 35, as someone on another forum was told that was the production start week for their SE.

F14Scott and insightman like this.
  6. Almost there! just a wee bit longer... happy to hear the stop sale will not have any further affect on your much anticipated delivery:)

MichaelC and insightman like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

@Puppethead did the news of cancellation of the stop-sale filter up north? Have all the dealer personnel had their turn helping your MINI Cooper SE "wake up?" Either way, your dealer has to give you your car now.

MichaelC and Toi like this.
  9. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I got the call! Picking it up in the morning.

Domenick, F14Scott, Norbu72 and 4 others like this.
  10. MichaelC

My SE is still waiting at the port so I have been refreshing this page instead, waiting for an update on @Puppethead's delivery. That's a perfectly normal and healthy thing to do, right???

Toi likes this.
  11. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

seems perfectly fine to me :D

insightman and MichaelC like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Puppethead

Day became busy, the car is quite something. I haven't had a chance to drive it much yet due to a mixup at the dealer (my advisor was actually on vacation until today), so I left with 60% charge. It was pretty low by the time I got home, so now I'm left doing Level 1 charging. I do intend to install a Level 2 charger, but I have non-trivial electrical work to get done.

Tomorrow I plan to do a lot of driving about.

Things I've figured out so far:
    • Mirror covers happily match the gray of the front, I was expecting body color (did not want)
    • There is a setting for Level 2 charge rate, it wasn't set to max and I didn't figure that out until I left
    • The navigation system has no fee and is active for the life of the car
    • It came with Goodyear tires (which I'm not a fan of), but not run flats (which I am a fan of)

Here it is...

IMG_2700 copy.jpg

wessy, F14Scott, Domenick and 6 others like this.
  14. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

congrats!

15. MichaelC

Congrats! :cool:

16. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

and yes, this makes my decision to go with the grey mirrors all the more a happy one after seeing yours.

17. MichaelC

I did not know there was an option to order with Vigorous Grey mirror caps.

18. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, you can choose body color, black, grey, or yellow (assuming you didn't choose red or green for body color)

19. MichaelC

I guess I should have asked my dealer to enumerate each option for me, instead of assuming this post on North American Motoring was complete/accurate. Why can't the MINI USA site have a working configurator for the SE?

I won't be disappointed with black roof + mirror caps, but I would have considered the option to match 'em with the grille and boot handle cover.

20. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

here is the guide my dealer supplied me when I put my deposit down so that I could study it and make informed decisions... I would assume the mirror caps you could order through the parts department, and hell, if you order them now... you'll probably see them before your car! :D

Attached Files:

F14Scott and MichaelC like this.
  21. MichaelC

Thank you for sharing that, @Toi!

So if you order a body color roof, you get Vigorous Grey mirrors (unless you order Energetic Yellow mirrors). That makes sense.

This also confirms that you only get the Energetic Yellow grill blade if you ordered Energetic Yellow mirrors (excluding British Racing Green or Chili Red). And it shows the MINI Yours Leather Lounge Carbon Black seat option for Iconic trim, that was otherwise considered a "secret" option.

LOL, no doubt! :D

insightman likes this.
  22. insightman

Congrats!!!

Can you tell us exactly what Goodyear tires? @Matt Shumaker's 2020 SE came with Hankook Ventus S1 EVO3 tires. I was hoping those tires would also come on the 2021 SEs.

23. Puppethead

My tires are Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, which I guess I shouldn't knock. They seem well-rated at Tire Rack.

These will not do for winter, so I'll be getting another set of wheels. And considering the miles I drive I'll be replacing these Goodyears maybe as soon as next summer.

Toi likes this.