Simpler replacement for Torque Pro?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by R P, Jul 22, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Saw this used in the UK.
    https://evobd2.com/
    Works for Kona and Ioniq as well as the Nero EVs.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Good for some information but since it doesn't log data I can't use it.

4. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I use SoulEVSpy (paid version) myself - works well with Kona, and it works out of the box without needing a lot of configuration.

5. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

6. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I wonder what kind of sensors the SoulEVSpy offers that Torque Pro does not show.. I remember seeing tire pressure etc.. Would also be interesting to know how much energy each of the accessories pull. Torque Pro only shows me the total energy draw but does not break it down.. I guess I would need more PIDs for that.. I wonder if anyone has PIDs for this additional information.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I'm only guessing but I doubt such detailed information is measured. There is a documented current shunt in the battery pack and no-doubt the LDC provides output data along with the 'intelligent' sensor on the 12V battery negative post. I've not seen any others in the docs.
    There are some research spreadsheets on Github that uncover some of the PIDs used on the Soul EV, drawn on for the Kona/eNiro. Much of it seems to be revealed by guesswork and experimentation. If you wanted more detail on power usage you could make up a current measuring device by swapping out the relevant fuse with a custom loom including a fuse and a shunt.

9. hieronymous

hieronymous Active Member

Torque Pro does not provide any Kona PID set, or any vehicle PID set for that matter - but if owner groups such as for Prius develop such a set, the TP developer has chosen to include these in the download. In general, it is up to the user to source any publicly available PIDs and/or derive their own. TP will display any data from correctly constructed Kona PIDs, and if Hyundai has utilised any generic industry-standard PIDs, these may be built into TP and also available..

10. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

There is often more than one component associate with each fuse.. I wonder how the battery usage display of the Kona's infotainment system determines how much current is used for climiate, battery conditioning and accessories?
    If the car is able to display that information, so should be any app.. Unfortunately, if the car is not driving, you can't switch to the EV menu to check those stats and Torque Pro won't show them.. I would like to see when charging how much of the charge is being used by the BMS. Sure, I can see how much energy my battery gets on Torque Pro and how much energy the car receives on the dash and the difference between the 2 is the total energy consumed. When the BMS is running, there is usually a 2 - 3 kw difference between what the dash shows and what Torque Pro shows that the battery is receiving.. I would also like to see the detailed number of the charge that the car receives and not just the part that goes into the battery.. The number on the dash and charger is not very precise.. It's always rounded to the closest full kw number..