Used Honda Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Patrick43809, Jun 24, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Patrick43809

Patrick43809 New Member

I am most likely buying a 2018 Honda Clarity with 9500 miles for $20,500. Its the base not the touring. Around my area this seems like the best deal I can get. How is this compared to everywhere else?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DanGest

DanGest Member

Depending on where your area is, you should be able to get a new clarity for about the same price once you take into account government incentives, check the price paid thread in this forum for more info

4. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

San Antonio, TX a Mitsu dealer (they also have Subaru & Honda under the same umbrella) had a 2018 base with a little under 20k miles. I've made an offer on it for $16.5k in early June and they accepted. Got it with some extras inside included, like all-weather floor mats and cargo liner and the car was in pristine condition.

I hear prices have gone up since beginning of June tho.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Were you able to get the dealer to do a battery capacity test?

6. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Active Member

When you factor in the $7500 federal tax rebate you should get for a new Clarity, it is not much of a discount. The 2018 base was selling for about $29-30k.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

It is not a "rebate" and not everyone qualifies for the full amount of the tax credit available. And the $29-30K price was not really available anywhere but in some parts of CA - poster is in TX.

9. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

Haven't asked them to. At that price I was prepared to take it even if the battery capacity degraded by 25% (which it very well may have given the hot climate in TX).

Poster is in Vancouver, BC and doesn't qualify for any sort of rebates in US. The 1-2 year old ones in BC are selling (well, listed by dealerships, didn't find privately listed ones at much of a discount either) at about $1k-$2k (Canadian) less than the new one after the rebate, so this used one from US was a steal at that price.