BLUELINK (red) Message Alert after Software Battery Update

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Jul 3, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I've had that Red 'nag alert' message in my BlueLink App for about 3 weeks. I went to the shop last week and had the Software updated. All went fine. They had car for 2 hours.

Anyway I STILL have that BlueLink red alert for active messages. I click on the DELETE. It refuses to Delete the message. So I now have a "red alert" message stuck in that App. And now when I try to Login to BlueLink online, it just "spins" .. anyone else seeing this?

Stupid BlueLink .. garbage. And they want us to PAY for it after the initial 3 year period? hmmph.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

4. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

If you delete and reinstall the app, I suggest deleting its cache first, which can be done in the app's properties. Of course, you'll have to log in again afterwards.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

5. It might also be that the dealer didn't update the status of your car, so it's still thinking you're on the old version.

Also I noticed that it takes a while for info like that to propagate through their system.

6. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I sent an email to BlueLink support ... suddenly (an hour later), the RED indicator is OFF and I was able to Delete/move to "DELETED" messages. So no "reinstall" of app required.. Seems like an issue on their side.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I don't have a phone to run the app on but I do have the PC based app. Just as a matter of interest, the last time I tried, it hung a command and killed my 12 V battery (4.6 v).:(
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/12v-battery.5090/page-5#post-96643
    Its been fine ever since, and will not use it again unless absolutely necessary.