has anyone used extended warranty

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ProspectiveBuyer, Jun 17, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. For those who purchased an extended warranty, I'm curious to know what your experiences have been like if you needed to use it. I'm just wondering if it's worthwhile and if there are more exclusions and whether it's easier for them to say it's "normal wear and tear."

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

I did have to use it once on my other honda. It was pretty painless. After telling the service advisor on the issue, he/she will take a guess as to what the possible issue and parts needed and check to see if the parts are covered. If it is covered via the parts computer, then the only other thing you need to do is to sign the work order to have the work done. Make sure you get HondaCare and not some 3rd party warranty program. There are 2 dealers that sells them online that are a lot cheaper then from dealer (unless you are in a state that is prohibited by law FL is one of them)

4. Central Penn

Central Penn New Member

Check out Hyannis Honda's prices for HondaCare extended warranties. It's been a while since I've looked, but for the longest time, their prices were considerably better than what was being offered elsewhere. If you prefer to work with your local dealership, they might be willing to match the price if they know you'll otherwise purchase it from Hyannis. The negotiation for purchasing HondaCare at my local dealership was almost comical -- in a matter of moments (following the mention of the online option at Hyannis), they did a complete 180, their "best they could do" price plummeted to meet the competition, and we came to an agreement.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Inside EVs mobile app

insightman likes this.
  5. Central Penn

Central Penn New Member

It should also probably be mentioned that there's absolutely nothing different about the HondaCare coverage offered in person vs. online. It's the same contract.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Inside EVs mobile app

6. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

@Central Penn, at least your dealer was somewhat willing to drop their price to match. My dealer did a 'psssss' and moved on. LOL

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. graure

graure Member

Read the fine print very closely - I purchased the extended HondaCare for the CNG Civic I had before the Clarity and everything that went wrong with it wasn't covered. Fuel filters, not covered. Valve lash adjustment, not covered. Bushings, not covered. Really disappointing.