June Update Broke the HondaLink App

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by SThomas219, Jun 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. vicw

vicw Active Member

Something got fixed in the last couple of hours. It seems to be finally working properly. It has the Clarity registered and active on my account.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. leop

leop Active Member

My HondaLink is finally working again, too. I access HondaLink only through a wifi connection from an Android tablet (Nexus 7, 2013). I still have one problem which no update or reinstall has fixed. My HondaLink odometer reading is stuck at the one value that showed up after about a year of ownership and has stayed that way without change. My Clarity is an 2018 Touring model purchased in February, 2018, and with a built date of October, 2017. I usually have the trip A odometer showing on the dash (shows miles since last charge).

Does anyone have any ideas about why my odometer reading does not update in the HondaLink display? I would like to fix this as it seems that others do not have this issue.

LeoP

4. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Systems are back online as of 4 hours ago!

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You're not the only one with a Hondalink odometer problem, but yours sounds worse than most. I have the problem. Others have mentioned it before on this forum. Some say you can make Hondalink look up your car's location and that will update the app's odometer, but that hasn't worked for me. It updates when it's ready to update, and not a minute before.

6. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

Timing of the return of HondaLink functionality to everyone may have been (or is still) influenced by the huge outages of both voice and data services at many carriers yesterday (and before). "According to outage aggregator Downdetector, users reported outages in major mobile carriers (T-Mobile, Metro, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Consumer Cellular, US Cellular), Internet providers (Spectrum, Comcast, CenturyLink, Cox)...." My own mobile phone stopped working yesterday morning for both voice and data (including SMS services). See Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jessedamiani/2020/06/15/t-mobile-fortnite-instagram-comcast-and-chase-bank-have-all-experienced-outages-some-believe-the-us-has-been-hit-by-large-scale-ddos-attack-others-are-skeptical/#22eccc1d4b2a

Richard_arch74 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Francofun

Francofun Member

As of yesterday night, seems to be back for good here - Montreal area. Yet, updates from the car seem to be spaced apart much more than before... might just be the same, though.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Inside EVs

9. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

Yep, looks like everything is back to normal. I got a message from it overnight and, after a pull down refresh this morning, everything populated. Even has the charging schedule.

However, my A/C hardly works so it is going into Honda for diagnostics tomorrow and, hopefully, repair.

10. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

I got a push notification that service was restored.

I did a screenshot this time and still managed to loose it..

It is working here it seems..

Francofun likes this.
  11. Tomrl

Tomrl Member

App up and running as normal here as well.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Mine is running, except the odometer, which hasn't updated in months. Sigh

14. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Mine's still DOA. I did delete the app on my device back when the issue first started. Now it just spins when I attempt to rejoin my phone to HondaLink. Debating if it is worth the effort to call support and get it working again.

15. Rav

Rav Member

Finally working but the way Honda handled this is simply not acceptable. I can understand an outage for a few hours but a whole week? WTF...Honda is garbage!

16. Mowcowbell

I ended up calling their customer service center. Was only on hold for a minute. Customer service rep took some basic info from me, 1) email address used to login and 2) last 6 digits of VIN, said she would get this to their Tier 2 group to have them look into the issue. Said because of the attack, it could be a few days before someone gets back to me.

17. leop

leop Active Member

To followup an earlier post, I recently turned on the WiFi connection for my 2018 Clarity. The odometer reading in the HondaLink display now updates regularly. I thought this may be so because the only time I got an updated odometer reading previously was just after I tested the WiFi connection (and then turn off the Clarity WiFi). I forgot about that until I reviewed my notes and saw that the "stuck" odometer reading was the same as when I did the WiFi testing. I do not know if turning on the WiFi is sufficient or that a WiFi connection must be made to the local network (as I made the connection to our home network).

LP

18. Mowcowbell

Update: I did finally get my Hondalink working again. I had to delete my car from my account, then re-add it.

19. My odometer is about 5,000 miles behind. At least I can generally start my AC/Heat (which is really what I care about most). Hoping that AT&T shutting down 3G doesn't mess that up (Honda has told me they don't think it will. I'm not optimistic)