***MODEL 3: BEST SELLING VEHICLE OF ANY KIND IN CA IN Q1!!!***

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by 101101, May 29, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Now we know the US isn't the most important market anymore but it is still apparently the most competitive with the greatest penetration by global brands. And in the US market CA is by far, far, far and away the largest, most competitive and important (still.)

And lets remember that CV really only hit in the US in the 2nd quarter- this shut down stuff hadn't even happened. And lets remember that Model 3 not only beat Honda Civic and Toyota Camry and Toyota Corolla and Honda Accord it also beat F150 and all of them across a 3 month period.

And let us remember that Tesla did this with a sedan- yep a car! Just like Tesla had its first profitable year Tesla just dominated the a full quarter in the most competitive market in the world with a single vehicle. And that vehicle in its actual market segment outsold all other competitors combined and beat the closest competitor series (a full series) with a single vehicle by about 6x.

If you're Lutz, Einhorn, Chanos, the Montana Skeptic, Whitney Tilson Teslaq you've lost all credibility- you're just f-ing wrong and foolish to keep doubling down. And these people were wrong for the most dishonest backwards immoral reasons- they were betting on evil in a righteous kind of way. In the end they were just more valuable mind share focusing PR that helped validate real Tesla wins and they were just more short squeeze fuel.

Very important too, let us not forget that fossil fuels tanked completely just before the CV hit. The CV looks like an ink cloud to cover how broken and bankrupt fossil fuels to keep that out of the top of Google trends with people sleeping on it night after night. The great thing is that the CV shut down aggravated the fossil fuel implosion. So now we just have to keep them getting more corporate welfare bailout- have to make sure fossil fuels eats those losses.

I think those wiring harnesses are going into the Y so dreadnought is coming back on line and I bet Tesla snags that paint guy Munro suggested.

I think the Leno segment will drive Cybertruck reservations over 1 million. Did you see the seams at the corners of the bed, that bed is tits. I would never buy a pick up, a Model 1 would be more to my liking but I want the Cybertruck. OMG, Leno is right the green green house is beyond great! And the seats look completely awesome. The interview was perfect- yes of course "bad *** and super cool." And we learned something else- the heart land loves Tesla! You can see that with all the Mid West counties falling all over themselves to court Tesla. When was the last time "made" or "designed" that had something to do with America meant something that Americans could be proud of and have pride in? When was the last time American ambition and drive was alive and on display? Ever seen Musk's brother without a cowboy hat on? The heartland recognizes their own. And now SpaceX is about to put Americans back in space!

Lutz, Einhorn, Chanos, the Montana Skeptic, Whitney Tilson, Teslaq et al need to ask themselves which side they are on, are they still in it for team USA or not- were they ever?

Its apparently not any different for Germany. There is a Der Spegiel article where Germans are hankering to add German quality to Tesla through Tesla Berlin. I am super excited about the Tesla Shanghai factor- its completely awesome it is Tera scale already totally massive.

Anna_St likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Great News!! I can't wait until the Cybertruck will be released.. If Tesla really keeps the prices where they are, it should be able to capture a huge share of the pickup market if they can produce enough of them.. While I'm not a fan of the styling of it, I find the Cybertruck to be a revolutionary vehicle at the proposed price tag..

101101 likes this.
  4. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Agreed but I also like the styling more than any other truck. The only angle. although I haven't seen it in person that I struggle with a little is straight on from behind angle and I hope for different wheel or rim treatment. I detest chrome and I never liked the look of the Delorian but in the Leno video the gun metal grey of the steel looked perfect. Color on rims may be enough for people who need color.

I'd like to add to the consideration of CA as a market of 40 million people, the most competitive market in the world for some time now and what a completely solid achievement this is and what it portends. You see Tesla beat all gas vehicles with an electric in a sub optimal category or format (the sedan.) That is an EV company beat all gas vehicle makes, models and manufactures with a sub optimal category or format.
    That speaks massively to dominating demand. There is also no way to make stupid claims about CA putting price restrictions etc or that CA has high gas prices. As I've stated elsewhere gas might be called cheap at 25 cents a gallon if it were going to fall to close to zero and it weren't pure poisonous sht that non one wants to be hassled with or have the guilt of buying. But the truth is that even when it drops buying gas feels like selling out your society and your family and yourself and you know that even if it drops for a moment it will rise in cost every year at more than the rate of inflation and every dip will be follow by a spike to recoup the dip and you can't predict even any trivial dip or increase and the extracted money from the ever increasing prices is always, always going to the wrong types of people, people who have too much money already or are thought of as sponsors of terror no matter where they reside and are always on the wrong side of things. With electric the price is at least flat when you do it yourself with your own roof (or vehicle surface or both) and that anchors the rest of the electricity market in cost and in truth it will go to very close to zero and so its totally superior in every way including reliability but also morally and ethically and it doesn't make you look stupid or corrupt.

So not surprising after Tesla's first profitable year a year in which fossil fuels were tanking the economy again and in need of their millionth totally unjustifiable corporate welfare bailout and needed the unleashing of a virus to act as an ink cloud to keep their economy crashing pathetic-ness from rising to the top of google trends and having everyone sleep night after night on people having to be paid to take on more fossil fuels because the world doesn't need the sht any more- literally going negative for the raw pollution it is and having them try to use jobs and human shields as usual and try to argue by lobbying behind the scenes that they are critical for national security (what a joke they are the utter destruction of it present and future,) in the midst of this Tesla dominates all gas vehicles with a mere sedan in the world's most competitive market and when even the street can see gas vehicle makers utterly suck and have no vision and where the sales of even the strongest of them drop 55-60% and their stock prices utterly tank whereas Tesla's stock is comparatively and accordingly strengthened. And where these weak profit first backwards vision-less firms start slashing of all things their electric programs (they obviously can't compete with Tesla,) but Tesla is accelerating production. The most laughable of them is GM a wannabe Xpeng by its PR but its only to continue to string along their share holders to their next bankruptcy. Think of how hilarious it was to see mega polluter GM which idiotically tried to oppose CARB immediately thereafter reduced to making ventilators. It would be like teen cigarette pusher Phillip Morris being forced to stop making cigarettes and start making only vents for the people it had sickened with its poison pimping as the only means to beg for its grant money- yep government corporate welfare grant money all that ever kept its structurally bankrupt ICE racket alive for 7 decades. That is the future of ICE- no more government milk drinking for it. In the transition to electric all American ICE, all Japanese ICE and all EU ICE will merge leaving only 3 makers from that mass but will that be enough? If you add Tesla and a Chinese mega that is just 5 makers- can you get 6 with Korea?
    But can these consolidated makes get by on making just 1-2 million vehicles a year? Tesla will probably hit 10 million vehicles a year
    and even if it reduces eventually to 5 million vehicles a year that may be half the global market- and Tesla has tons of other markets it will dominate.

5. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

I forgot something critical that makes this a total absolute WIN! Tesla beat every other vehicle in the CA market with the Model 3
    at a much higher price than the historical top market sellers. That is raw superiority translated into total dominance.