Wiper blades for winter

Discussion in 'Honda' started by rickyrsx, Jan 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

Hey all Clarity folks! I live in Toronto, Canada so there is winter weather here. I have not found any good wiper blades for winter weather. I've tried the stock ones, Bosch blades and now I'm using Rain X Latitude and they all leave streaks. I also don't like the implementation of the washer fluid dispenser on the arms as well but that can't be changed. Tell me what brands have worked for you!!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Olive

Olive New Member

rickyrsx likes this.
  4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Just as important as the blades is the wiper fluid itself, IMHO.
    Buffining RainX on the windshield and adding RainX to the wiper fluid will make a world of improvement on streaking and visibility. This approach lets me avoid even having to use the wipers most of the time at speeds over 35 to 40 mph. My Clarity is 2 years old (15K miles) and I’m still on the original wipers because they don’t get much use and I have a garage so there is usually no ice build up to wear out the blades.

5. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

I, too, use RainX and RainX washer fluid (it's orange) and my wipers have survived our swarming southern insects and oily northern slush quite well. It's best to start with a scrupulously clean windshield - I scrubbed mine with a Magic Eraser, then followed with Dawn dish detergent and a wet rag. After a thorough rinse I wiped it down with 90% isopropyl alcohol, allowed it to dry, and applied two coats of RainX. A good buffing with microfiber cloths then a sprinkling of water for a final "spit" polish and it's good for at least six months! I also put a little RainX on a paper towel and wipe off the blades once a month.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  6. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

Olive likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.