Windshield wiper fluid tank

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by LAF, Aug 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LAF

LAF Active Member

Does anyone know the volume of the tank that holds windshield wiper fluid? I want to put the right amount of RainX in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Here’s what I keep handy in my Clarity file:

Windshield washer fluid

1.43 qt or 36% of a gal. Therefore when adding RainX use about 1/3 (1.5 oz) of what a gal takes which is 4 oz) or just add regular amt to 1 gal of bottled fluid.
    I suggest the latter after adding to tank the first time. It’s easier and you’ll be glad you did since the tank is so small that you’ll be topping it off often.

@Jaketesla and @insightman will now probably make me change my avatar name to RainXman!

Jaketesla likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

[​IMG]

5. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

I have never use RainX in my life so I just look into it. Wondering why it is orange in US and yellow in Canada (for the gallon/4L jug). It's so much more expensive in Canada, US Walmart sells it for $2.6x whereas Canada sells over almost $5 and more depending on location.

Do you buy the jug or the small spray bottle and add to regular windshield washer bottle?

6. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I do both. But instead of buying the premixed 1gal, I bought a little bottle of concentrate and add it to the cheap stuff. I find I only have to treat the windshield every few months which is good since it take some elbow grease to buff it off.

ClarityDoc likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. LAF

LAF Active Member

I got a concentrate to put in tank with fluid- $7 from Amazon- should be good for ~12 refills of our small tank, thanks to info from Kentucky Ken

9. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Sounds like a perfect superhero name.

10. Numbernine

Numbernine Member

He's a slippery one.