Why am I driving this car so fast.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JCEV, Jul 30, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

I can't stop accelerating with the huge torque. I usually look behind me and there are 8 car lengths. HELP I have a problem. I'm still getting 86KM EV range all city cause of Regen though. So don't drive the car lightly, enjoy!

amy2421 and djohan621 like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I let my parents drive my car this weekend and they both drove way to fast. Thats not normal for them. I think its because they dont hear the engine and the car is so smooth that they lose track of how fast they are going. The electrical motor also has alot of torque, and it gets up to speed faster than your average mid sized sedan.

Akinto likes this.
  4. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

Just keep it in Econ mode. It's plenty quick and will keep your accelerations smooth no matter how heavy your foot is.

rickyrsx likes this.
  5. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

I know but it's too much fun. I keep it in Eco. I'm kidding around a little. The car is extremely quick in a good way and I think it hasn't been communicated enough . You can drive this car hard in the city and return great EV range .

Johnhaydev likes this.
  6. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Even with Eco on, I find I've been a little aggressive in braking as I try to increase the regen and stop without brakes...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

Remember the brake pedal auto blends regen and friction, so don't be afraid to lightly use the brake pedal to maximize regen.

9. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. This car is just plain fun to drive. And it’s so cheap to drive that I too have quit my quasi hypermiling and trying to combine trips and reduce gas consumption.

Electric cars are addictive. Once you’re driven one you’ll never want to go back to a slow, gear changing, noisey, gas-mobile. I’ll never go back to gas.

It’s kind of like when I first towed a trailer with a diesel and swore I’d never tow again with a gas engine.

10. weave

weave Active Member

This car has multiple fun modes. Not just electric, but putting it in HV Sport and keeping the regen at 4 chevrons is loads of fun driving up, down, and around mountain roads. For such a big heavy vehicle it's amazingly fun to drive.

11. Omgswify

Omgswify Member

Not to mention you won’t have to punish yourself later when your at the gas pump. I drive with a lead foot with Ac on and I still make it home with 4-8km to spare on the charge. I didn’t think I’d like an EV but this car has really changed my opinion. Now when I drive the M3 it feels archaic. It’s fun but visiting the gas pump seems like something of the past.

chris5168 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Young J Kwak

Young J Kwak Member

I am totally in line with you! My more "fun" vehicle is now sitting around collecting dust.
    Even the honda pilot gets put to the side.
    A no-transmission, smooth power band motor has me converted permanently.

Omgswify likes this.
  14. Alantn

Alantn Member

You should cover your fun vehicle and 50 years from now let your kids sell it as a classic "when we're still using gasoline to propel the car".

Omgswify and weave like this.
  15. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

In 50 years, your kids and grandkids won’t even believe that you actually had to plug in a vehicle!

amy2421 likes this.