Whats new in 2021?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Msmith, Aug 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Msmith

Msmith New Member

Has anyone seen any differences listed between 2020 and 2021 models of the SE?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I've been reading lots of reviews and haven't heard of any changes for 2021. Only the March-to-June COVID-19 Plant Oxford shutdown separated the 2020 and 2021 model years. Furthermore, there are spy photos on the 'net of camouflaged MINI Cooper SEs hinting at the expected face-lift coming in 2022. It appears the fog lights will be losing out to a pair of vertical slots. What, are the brakes overheating on the current MINI Coopers?

upload_2020-8-6_18-32-47.png

GDOG likes this.
  4. GDOG

GDOG Member

I'm happy to be getting foglights but that grill fascia looks way better imho.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It looks like the grille will extend lower to encompass the bottom opening. But is there a new opening below the license plate and above the bottom opening on the 2022 grille? Does the SE need more openings in the filled-in grille than it has now? I'll reserve judgement until the camo comes off, but I like the current grille and lower opening between the fog lights a lot.

Here's what the camouflaged pre-production prototype looked like last year (before adding the fake hood scoop, the way I wish I could have it).

upload_2020-8-7_14-55-2.png

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020