What is the “cargo shelf organizer” and where does it go?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by KentuckyKen, Feb 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

7D2A71F2-045F-482A-B864-0AC926928DE9.png There is only one accessory that I can’t quite figure out. It’s the cargo shelf organizer part # 08P11-TRW-100A. About $60.
    Can anyone tell me where it goes exactly? Anybody got one? And for that matter what/where is the cargo shelf it’s supposed to be organizing?
    The picture and placement diagram don’t make much sense to me via a vie the shape of the trunk and the trunk tray that sits in the rear lower part of our trunk.
    Somebody help the old guy here!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Let's try this again.

Anyone get the trunk organizer in their Clarity?

4. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

I saw it in a couple of youtube videos and thought it was weird that it only covered the back 1/3 of the trunk space, but looking at this link http://www.partscheap.com/product-p/08u45-trt-100.htm it appears to have been made for the battery only (or Hydrogen Fuel Cell) version of the Clarity where you lose more than half the trunk space.

Domenick likes this.
  5. KentuckyKen

Domenick, I’m not talking about the trunk tray. I have one of those. This is a different part with a different #.
    Can’t figure this one out.
    Thanks, ken

Domenick likes this.
  6. My bad. I see now. Hopefully someone will chime in with an answer.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Apparently Honda wants it to remain a mystery, since those few websites selling it don't show any photo of the item! o_O

KentuckyKen likes this.
  9. tdiman

tdiman Member

I ordered one. Will take pictures when it comes in. It will either be great or totally useless!

VTSAX, jorgie393, M.M. and 5 others like this.
  10. johncl

johncl Member

If it is what I think it is, it is placed on the elevated portion of the trunk, across the back in the rear via Velcro. It has a slightly elevated boundary, I believe to keep luggage and other items from falling into the lower part of the trunk

11. @jane smith , who runs the Facebook Clarity Plug-In Hybrid page just let me know someone posted the photo you see below. I believe he will take another shot tomorrow with the trunk empty so you can get a better view of it. The link to that discussion is >here<, if you'd like to check it out.

[​IMG]

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. KentuckyKen

From what I’ve gleaned from the pictures and from other posts, I think that accessory is supposed to go on the shelf under the rear window and not in the trunk. The raised edge shown in the picture above would then keep items from sliding forward into the back seat when stopping. Haven’t had one in my hands to try though; just my best guesstimate. We’ll have to wait on tdiman to post to be sure.

14. tdiman

tdiman Member

Here's the front and back to go with the above photo. It has Velcro on back and the hump is made of foam so soft and lightweight. It feels like neoprene and will provide some light protection for the back. It's fabric so won't clean well, so doesn't replace a hard plastic liner for mud, etc.
    Still wondering if I need the oem trunk liner for protecting the lower portion.

IMG_20180606_144750.jpeg IMG_20180606_144803.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Domenick and Sandroad like this.
  15. KentuckyKen

Thanks for the pix of this elusive creature. Can you give us a pix of it installed in the car?

16. tdiman

tdiman Member

Yes I'll do it this weekend.

17. tdiman

tdiman Member

Note it covers the slope down but not the lower shelf/door.

Good for daily use and probably even luggage. Not long stuff. IMG_20180609_081846.jpeg

KentuckyKen and Domenick like this.
  18. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

How much did that thing cost?

19. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

List is $89, dealer "installed" price is $96.50, on-line discounted price is $60.42.

Domenick likes this.
  20. tdiman

tdiman Member

I got it from Bernardi online.

21. I hadn't heard of Bernardi Parts before. Here's a link to the Clarity Plug-In section of their site. (I couldn't find this organizer, though I imagine it's there somewhere.)

loomis2 likes this.
  22. tdiman

tdiman Member

Search for 08P11-TRW-100A

For some reason it isn't categorized correctly. I live a town away from their warehouse so shipping for me is the most economical.

23. KentuckyKen

It doesn’t look like it’s the right size (too small/poor coverage) to fit the trunk floor. Try it on the shelf under the rear window. I bet it fits better there. Could it be it’s for that location and the small lip goes front to keep stuff off back seats when you brake??? Just a guess.