What did you do to you Clarity today?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Lucien Mcleod, Apr 27, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lucien Mcleod

Lucien Mcleod Member

Hope to see some nice photos.
    Got windows tinted.
    Mineral Grey Metallic ⚒

Attached Files:

loomis2 and Demian Johnston like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

Looks great! That angle looks pretty decent for the Clarity. Tint goes nice with the grey.

Lucien Mcleod likes this.
  4. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

Window tinting was the first thing I did to the car when I got it home. It was at the tinting shop the next day.

Lucien Mcleod likes this.
  5. HariN

HariN New Member

I am thinking about getting window tinting, how much it does cost? We have hot summer above 100 deg F in Idaho.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

I want to say it cost just over $200 to get the side and rear windows done. Not only does it help with heat but it makes it harder to see what is in the car and it looks cool. Win-win-win.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Mine was $250 for side windows and rear windows. I paid more to get a high quality ceramic film that rejects IR/heat. All films reflect 99% UV but the ceramic ones definitely keep car cooler and reduce A/C usage. And I get a lifetime warranty good at any Wincos shop.
    I paid another $90 to have windshield done in 70% VLT because there is a lot of glass there and it’s angled to be a big solar collector. Check laws in your local first.
    You certainly can go cheaper, but the heat reflecting film makes a big difference and we haven’t even got to summer yet. With your temps, I’d say it’s definitely worth it.

9. HariN

HariN New Member

Thanks Loomis2 and Kentuckyken, I agree clarity’s has so much glass, it’s will be hot oven in peak summer. I will try to get tinted before July

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

Just FYI, the Clarity has laminated side windows, so it naturally has 99%+ UV rejection through all the windows. I wouldn't pay extra for UV protection. However, as Ken says, IR rejecting film will reduce heat more than a visible light tint (both will help some, but more heat is in IR range).

11. Lucien Mcleod

Lucien Mcleod Member

I just dont like people staring at me at the redlight

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

In the perhaps vain hope that the season's last snow has fallen in southeast Michigan, I bought the Clarity accessory wheels to get the OEM tires back on the car. The noisy but competent Nokian Hakkapeliitta snow tires are staying on the OEM wheels with their inexplicable plastic spoke trim.

The accessory wheels look even better than I anticipated. Besides the fact that they're all aluminum (no plastic), I like that they're official Clarity accessories. I avoid non-Honda aftermarket accessories. I also popped for the Illuminated Door Sill Trim--I smile at my extravagance every time I open the door.

Our dealer charged $324 apiece plus tax for the wheels and $100 to mount the tires. These wheels list for $450 each, but the OEMs list for more than $1100! There are better deals out there, but shipping costs will narrow the advantage.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  14. Lucien Mcleod

Lucien Mcleod Member

That's a good Look ☝

15. After you get a couple of drive/charge cycles in, please let us know how the mileage/ev range compares between the snows/oem wheel vs oem tire/accessory wheels.

16. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

We bought our Clarity PHEV in early December so it's been through many temperature variations that have had a significant effect on battery performance. Therefore, our electric range (we still haven't been to the gas station yet) was reduced by both the temperature and the snow tires. Even if I had devised some kind of record-keeping regimen, the dual variables make it impossible to isolate the effect of just the snow tires.

I've been keeping gas-mileage records since I bought my first of 3 Insights in 2000, but our Bosch EVSE doesn't tell us how much electricity we're pumping into our Clarity, which, in a way, is a relief. Looking back, my 19 years of record-keeping for the Insights is actually now more frustrating than useful because the numbers have dropped a lot since I stopped commuting to work 4 years ago. However, we'll track the gasoline we eventually put in the Clarity just for bragging purposes.

17. aperson

aperson New Member

Drove mine home from the dealership for the very first time!! :) New Clarity owner in MN!!

Attached Files:

AlanSqB, jdonalds and loomis2 like this.
  18. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

Looks good, welcome to the club.

19. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

A beautiful red car and a clean garage; I am green with envy!
    So aperson, tell us what options you got and is it base or touring, oem charger or going for 32amp, any fights over who gets to drive it, etc.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  20. Armandy

Armandy New Member

Changes winter tires to stock tires that came with the car. EV range getting closer to 100 kilometers (62 Miles) lower resistance tires may have helped besides not using any air or heat, expect it to drop when I do use air or heat, but still trying to get there before the temperature rises. Had wife make me an iPhone holder and an iPod holder for her out of material close to the same color as the dash and seats, they just clip over the edge of the tray which also has a felt pad added to the bottom. Also made a cover for the hump in front of back seats and added 12-volt adapter with USB ports, also small garbage container. Changed the vanity mirror bulbs to LED and added the hour meter on the motor as per KentuckyKen's instructions but don't know if it works as I haven't used any gas since February.

Attached Files:

21. aperson

aperson New Member

Thanks Atul Thakkar!

22. aperson

aperson New Member

Thanks KentuckyKen! I did not get any additional options on my Base model. I paid $33790 but believe I got a good deal on my trade-in (a gas guzzling buick enclave that I was happy to get rid of). I have had a couple of electricians come by to do an estimate on installing a Level 2 charger in the garage. Haven't received an estimate yet. I have been looking at the 'Siemens US2:VC30GRYHW Versicharge' on Amazon. I don't need any fancy features. My utility will provide a dedicated meter for me to monitor energy usage. I get a off-peak rate of 4.4c/KWH as long as I charge between 11pm -7am. The wife gets to drive it. That is a fight that I will not win. :)

23. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

Check on Costco , if you can. Prices seems good their.

aperson likes this.