What can you do on the WI-FI internet connection

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by miltondweller, Jan 14, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. miltondweller

miltondweller Active Member

Honda Clarity provides a means to connect to the Wi-Fi.

What really are things that you can do using this internet connectivity ? It does not do any software update using the wi-fi - which i hoped was a functionality.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

If you go to the "apps" screen, and swipe over a couple screens, there's a browser app. Could maybe watch a YouTube video while tethered to the phone if you're sitting in the car waiting for somebody to finish an appointment or something.

4. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

Has anyone tried this? This would be great!

5. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

It will function like an obsolete, slow, low resolution, 8 year old tablet...cuz that's pretty much what these cars come with. I messed with browsing once in my Honda Civic while I was parked in my garage with a strong wifi signal, and it was a mess of error messages and lock-ups.

The wifi capabilities on the tablet/screen has no practical or useful purpose the way Honda has chosen to utilize it. Not to mention the car needs to be within range of a wi-fi network in order to even try it.

Just use your phone to surf...you'll be happier.

Texas22Step and ClarityDoc like this.
  6. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Tried youtube and there was no joy it was WAY to slow to handle it... Wish car manufactures would recognize this and make hardware upgrades available. :(
    Same with TV I'll pay you for a new smart box that integrates into the TV every few years so my tv isn't trash to due ending support on the older smart aspects of the tv.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JulianClarity

JulianClarity Active Member

It provides you a hotspot, so you can connect your tablets without wireless access.

9. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

No. It does not.

insightman and ClarityDoc like this.
  10. JulianClarity

JulianClarity Active Member

Sorry I did not check, I shouldn't have commented. I thought it could work as an AP, but just checked online, you are right.

11. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

Meh - this doesn't make sense to me. Smartphones change so fast, and we keep the one we carry current (including GPS, contacts, music); why build such requirements into a 2-ton car (or a bulky TV) that on average is used less than 2 hours/day? If they invested in making Android Auto and CarPlay flawless and fast, then we can carry our tech everywhere and use screens for what they're good at - being screens.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. mrgb5

mrgb5 New Member

i was able to download live wallpapers, i didn't see any other use, did any body tried installing any apk

14. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Yes installing apk is “blocked” in some fashion. I don’t remember the error message.