Warning Messages

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Eagle51, Sep 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Eagle51

Eagle51 New Member

Hello,

Any advice on the following would be greatly appreciated.

I’m receiving the following warning messages on my 2018 Clarity. I brought it to Honda and they updated the software and reset the codes. I drove home with no errors and all appeared to be fine. The next morning I have the same messages and I brought it back to Honda and they are trying to figure out what’s going on. Could it be the 12v battery? I did ask to have the battery checked but when I checked it at home it was reading around 12.5 volts and 14.6 volts when the car was running.

One other thing I noticed. As I was charging the Honda app was showing 46 miles at 85% but when it reached 100% the app only showed 27 miles. This has never happened before.

Vehicle stability problem
    Brake hold system problem
    Hill start assist problem
    Road departure mitigation system problem
    Power steering system problem
    Tire Pressure monitoring

Thanks,
    Dave

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Many have seen this display of errors. Usually the software update from Honda fixes it. Leave it to Honda. They will sort it out.

4. Eagle51

Eagle51 New Member

The car has been perfect since I bought it new and very happy with it. I’m hoping it’s an easy fix.

5. Danks

Danks Active Member

The causes I've seen posted are 12V battery or rabbit, chipmunk, rodents chewing on wires.

JFon101231 likes this.
  6. Eagle51

Eagle51 New Member

Here’s the latest. They are having Honda Tech Support monitoring the car remotely while driving and keeping it hooked up overnight. Just a few minutes ago I received a notification on my Honda app that they fully charged it 100% but it’s only showing 25 miles of charge. I sure hope an animal didn’t sneak into my garage when I wasn’t looking :).

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

This sure sounds like the same set of errors that occur when the 12V battery gets disconnected.
    They "checked" it, and your readings seem 'normal', but it is possible there is an intermittent problem with the battery.
    Hopefully they will be able to get to the bottom of it.

If they are having trouble resolving this, perhaps you could convince them to replace the battery. It is a pretty cheap way that may solve this compared to an endless loop of troubleshooting.

9. Eagle51

Eagle51 New Member

They said I should receive an update tomorrow afternoon. I will definitely make the recommendation to change the 12v battery if they are not able to diagnose it by then.

Thanks

10. Bbeardb

Bbeardb Member

My issue was the battery control unit. It is currently being replaced

Ragman and Remarksman like this.
  11. Ragman

Ragman New Member

45000 km on my 2018 and still very happy with the car. Glad the problem was diagnosed and being solved.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Eagle51

Eagle51 New Member

Honda stated two cells were low and ended up replacing the main battery pack. It took about a week to get one from California. All is good now! My car is a 2018 with 9500 miles. Honda was great and covered all cost and even offered me a loaner. I told them I didn’t need it so ask them to give it to someone else who really needed one. I haven’t driven much since I’ve been working from home for the past 7 months and I’m wondering with so little usage if it had anything to do with the low cells. I did however keep it charged up (never leaving it at 2 bars) even though I wasn’t driving it that often. Maybe the low cells was just an anomaly.