Video: Why I bought the Honda Clarity Instead of the Tesla Model 3

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by qtpie, Dec 19, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

This is NOT video review of the car. It's an honest video about why this college kid bought Honda Clarity instead of Tesla Model 3. Enjoy.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Perhaps honest, but not informed if he thinks the Clarity PHEV and the Model 3 are close in price. There are no $35K Model 3's yet and Elon says the battery technology to make them is still not yet available. Also, his claim of responding to all comments either isn't true or he's spending too much time on the books to keep up with all the naysayers. Stop studying! Spend more time making unresearched YouTube videos!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  4. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

I think he is a lot younger than most of the folks on this forum, but he is right about the availability of charging infrastructure in Indiana and other parts of the midwest. When i put my route from Indianapolis to KS into the Plugshare app, it was very depressing so I put the car in HV and ICEd on through until I was in EV distance of my daughter's.

5. Electra

Electra Active Member

So in one of his comments, he said went to a Tesla store and could order a Tesla Model 3 for $37k with taxes and delivery. The dealer probably included gas savings over 5 years compared to an Expedition. :)

He also said he has 4 jobs so hopefully he'll make more than $65,000 to get the full $7,500 tax credit.