Verbal Audio warnings

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Heino, Nov 18, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Heino

Heino Active Member

I haven't seen this topic here on the forums before, so I wanted to mention it. The Clarity has a couple of verbal audio alerts, that I just now stumbled upon.

The other day, one of my passengers temporarily unbuckled their seat belt while I was driving, and a voice said something to the effect - "Please buckle passenger seat belt."

Then today, I wanted to disengage brake hold - but did not have my foot on the brake. The audio said - "Place foot on brake" or similar.

Is anyone else aware of additional verbal audio warnings?

Daniel M W likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Daniel M W

Daniel M W Member

I have never heard them... but I will try to trigger them. Normally I just get the dashboard notifications and the bell sound.

4. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

I have not heard them either. Just referenced the owners manual:
    6CB343BD-1325-4401-8FD9-3B0A01CA6D95.png
    A2020DC5-437C-40C3-9827-4FE3C534A5D9.png

I have a base model so I wonder if that is only on the touring?

Which trim do you have and is it US or Canadian?

Daniel M W likes this.
  5. Heino

Heino Active Member

US touring model. What you referenced refers to voice recognition commands. I was specifically talking about voice warnings.

6. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

I triggered that once with brake hold too. FWIW, brake hold stays on but not applying the brakes if you press the accelerator (I assume it holds again the next time you come to a complete stop). It will let you disengage without a foot in the brake pedal if you're actually moving, despite what the voice warning says. Haven't heard the seatbelt one because I never have a passenger.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MikeB

MikeB Member

Yes, I've heard them when my passenger unbuckles her seat belt before the car comes to a complete stop. The car yells at her about that often.

9. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Can someone get a video of these please?

Daniel M W likes this.
  10. Daniel M W

Daniel M W Member

Oh, got it.

Base model too :( US Model, so I think I will not heard my car scolding my passenger :D

Let's wait if someone can record a video

LegoZ likes this.