Unknown part in trunk during delivery

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Yukon903, Jul 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Yukon903

Yukon903 New Member

The following was in the trunk of the 2018 Clarity PHEV and neither the sales guy nor the tech he spoke to had any idea where it goes/came from. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Thinking that it could be an access cover or something in the undercarriage, but unable to see anywhere it may fit.)

upload_2018-7-29_7-54-57.jpeg
    upload_2018-7-29_7-55-55.jpeg upload_2018-7-29_7-56-24.jpeg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

Could it be the front license plate bracket ?

neal adkins likes this.
  4. Streakr6

Streakr6 New Member

I have a Honda Element that has a very similar part under the steering wheel, I would check my Clarity, but my back says NO...

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

It’s not the license plate frame; I’ve got that part. I can’t find it in the trunk, under the hood, or in the cabin. The two turn latches make me think it’s not for the unprotected underside of the car since road debis could unlatch it. And if it came from a protected area, there’s no reason for the service or prep guy to open it up to get to it. I’m stumped.

Does it look new or used. If it looks used, it’s probably not from your new Clarity. Take it to the parts counter and see if they can look up the numbers on it and tell you what it is and what it goes to.

6. lordsutch

lordsutch Member

Google says "PP-GF30" has something to do with the radiator fan assembly on Hondas, which I guess would explain the gasket.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Yukon903

Yukon903 New Member

Part looks to be new. The gasket on the underside and the tabs with the turning latches have me thinking it could be something under the rear bench, like a access cover. Will try and make it by the parts Dept, when I schedule for the tinting to be done along with some other “we owe” items.

9. Yukon903

Yukon903 New Member

Finally got an answer... it does NOT belong in the Clarity PHEV. It actually goes to a Ridgeline and is an access cover. About a $300+ part that another customer was missing.

Attached Files:

Pegsie and Remarksman like this.
  10. weave

weave Active Member

How the hell does that happen?!

$300 for a plastic door. Wow....

Pushmi-Pullyu likes this.
  11. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Dealerships never fail to amaze and disappoint me at the same time.
    Maybe that Ridgeline was delivered with a bed full of all our missing underbody plugs!

FlaDave, David A and Viking79 like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I second that "Wow"! This is a mass produced part, isn't it? Honda must make them (or more likely, buy them from a supplier) by the tens of thousands? How is that not price gouging?