Undercarriage oil pan cover

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Reissc, May 20, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Reissc

Reissc New Member

Hello everyone,

Can anybody help with a link to the part # or diagram that includes the aluminum cover that you remove for an oil change? I'm not sure what the correct name is. I bent mine up a bit and would like to find a replacement. I've searched through a bunch of diagrams, but I can't seem to find the right one . I appreciate your help!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

This is weird.
    I looked through the part diagrams too, and just can't seem to find it either. You are not going crazy !

4. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Just call any Honda dealership parts department, and put their parts guy on the search. As for part number and price, they'll gladly provide both over phone.

5. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

Looks like you want just part of

Cover Assembly, Motor (Lower) - Honda (74110-TRW-A00)

6. MrFixit

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if you have to buy the whole thing just to get the access cover. Not uncommon. But that’s just a guess. Any online research is wasted time. Call the parts department for real answers. They’ll figure it out.

Also I gotta suggest...if it’s just bent? Straighten it.

9. Reissc

Reissc New Member

It is bent which is easily straightened, but I also ripped open a few of the screw holes. It really was a nice piece of work! I may just see if I can throw some washer on there and get it to hold. I really appreciate everyone trying to find it online.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

craze1cars likes this.
  10. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

11. JJim

JJim Active Member

Hi @Reissc could you be able to get that cover at Honda dealer or somewhere? I am looking for that cover too.
    Thanks
    Jim

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Remy2700

Remy2700 New Member

My aluminum cover also damaged can anybody help where I can get only the aluminum cover, most of them selling as a whole 74110-TRW-A00 Cover Assembly, Motor (Lower) - Honda (74110-TRW-A00), I appreciate your help

14. MrFixit

I am not aware of anyone in this forum who has successfully found one of these.
    As you mention, and as discussed above, the parts diagrams do no seem to show this as a separate part.

It is hard to imagine that this part is not available alone, but we have also not heard from anyone who has definitely confronted a dealer to ask for clarification... When you say "most of them selling as a whole" have you heard this directly from a dealer, or is this just what you have seen online?

My suggestion is to contact your dealer, and explain the situation with the parts diagram not showing this part, and see if they can investigate.

Let us know if you learn anything new. So far, nobody has cracked this nut !

JustAnotherPoorDriver likes this.
  15. Yes---please---let us know if you find a source/part number. Lots of us have crunched covers (a skateboard flying out into Houston street in NYC in my case).

16. Wayne Hillard

Wayne Hillard New Member

I have been down the path of looking for a splash cover too. I have a friend who is a Honda mechanic and he says the splash guard is only available in the lower engine cover assembly 74110-TRW-A00. Otherwise one can look for a used one but it's tough as there is no part number I know of to search for.
    I plan to try to use my damaged engine cover but I need the fasteners. I think they are 90674-TY2-A01. Any one know if there should be clips they fasten into or just the plastic?

Madmartigen likes this.
  17. There are clips (90673-TY2-A01). At least in my case they are still there, but the crunched cover makes it hard to get them to align.

Would just fabricate a new shield if I had the sheet metal tools.

Madmartigen likes this.
  18. Wayne Hillard

Wayne Hillard New Member

Once I got the car up on ramps I can see the clips are built into the plastic engine cover so the metal clips can't be used. But I managed to get 6 pins to engage so I'll go with that for now.