Tire/wheel/RIM warranty details - JM&A EWT ?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Jason90405, Apr 21, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jason90405

Jason90405 Member

I purchased a special tire/wheel/rim warranty which in the contract states as JM&A EWT

Does anyone know what's actually covered? If my rim was scratched up due to parking too close to the curb, would that be covered?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

F&I generates the most profit at many dealers. People tend to relax after they feel like the negotiations are concluded and fall for the "I'm just here to help you and help you protect your investment" BS.

Probably one factor in the OP purchasing an insurance policy (warranty) without even knowing what it covers. Hard to make an informed decision as to it's value (if any) without that knowledge.

4. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

And look at those low limits per wheel/tire and/or event and lifetime limits. I hope the OP at least went for the deluxe version. Discount Tire offers road hazard policies even on tires not purchased there.

5. Cash Traylor

Cash Traylor Well-Known Member

I haven't purchased these yet. However considering the OP's concern and the failure of the coverage wanted to post this. Hate to do it without personal knowledge on this car. However, a co-worker has these on two of their vehicles and swear by them. One vehicle they put on "before" the curb rash and it protected the rims well (of course if you hit something hard nothing will work, but then your insurance may kick in since the wheel will actually fail, won't hold air or balance/align). The other vehicle had lots of curb rash and they put them on after to "cover" things up. You could still see a little of the scratches but you had to know what you were looking for, passed the 7 foot rule easy. I already have curb rash, haven't decided on new wheels (have the standard wheels) or just doing this. Cheaper than a single rim repair and you get all 4 done. Anyone with experience or thoughts on this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0153QY05Q/?coliid=I37T60HL14K69S&colid=3I5KGJHIQTKXJ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&pldnSite=1

I know there are some cheap "stick on" rim protectors, these are actually a infused poly-metal allow that is installed on the rim held with the tire force apparently.

Cheers,

Cash

6. To remove this ad click here.